Bionic not allowing calls or texts. Please Help!!!

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
My best suggestion for the towers is go to goggle and type in "cell service providers in **zip code**" and once you find the service provider for your area call the provider and ask them if the towers are swamped with users or if any of the towers have been damaged in storms. There has to be a simple solution to this problem

OP
J

JakkThunder

Reaction score
Oh ok I can do that but not til Monday. There is a majority of US Cellular and a local Chat Mobility here. a little bit of Sprint and maybe some AT&T, but thats it i think.

mamawm

Reaction score
i have absolutely no tech knowledge so take this for whatever it's worth. i don't live in a known dead zone, but i do live on the edge of verizon coverage. anyway, after i got home with my bionic and was looking around at different settings i noticed that in mobile networks>system select it was set to home only, i changed it to automatic. it has been my understanding that set to home only the phone can't roam. could this possibly prevent you from being able to access the local tower?

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow mama good catch i didnt even think about the system select as I havent messed with it since i got my D2. I also set mine to automatic on every device i have. Cant believe such a simple tip

OP
J

JakkThunder

Reaction score
I noticed that as well but mine was set to Automatic, I tried on Home Only as well, and still no difference. If I connect a call it disconnects within the first ring

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well here are my network settings and VPN settings. Do you have any roaming settings or a setting under your mobile network settings that say "Affiliated Networks"?

uploadfromtaptalk1315693344934.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1315693362891.jpg

Sent from my Liberated D2

OP
J

JakkThunder

Reaction score
I was informed over the phone that you DO NOT call *228 with 4G phones, the guy at Verizon over the phone said it burns up the 4G Sim card

jaw4bama

Reaction score
I was informed over the phone that you DO NOT call *228 with 4G phones, the guy at Verizon over the phone said it burns up the 4G Sim card
What?? WOW I have not heard that! How in the world would you activate the phone without going to your pc?

OP
J

JakkThunder

Reaction score
I looked at your settings but it looks a lot different to me on the Bionic, idk where that Internation Data Roaming is located

OP
J

JakkThunder

Reaction score
What?? WOW I have not heard that! How in the world would you activate the phone without going to your pc?

Idk, I activated it in Des Moines. And i tried *228 but it didnt make any difference. Then the next day I was informed about not calling *228 because it burns up the 4G LTE card. But my card was fine when I showed up in Council Bluffs at another store last night