Bionic > maxx my opinion.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Started now. Bought the phone technically yesterday. Let me know if you have questions about the device. I'll add more later.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Reiles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Wait, You are stating that the Bionic is better than the Maxx? How so? A two year old device initially designed for 2.3 Gingerbread vs. a state of the art Moto phone with hardware that spanks most phones in it's own class. I don't understand.
I've never owned a Bionic, but the few friends of mine that ran with one for a while explained that using 4G brought the phone's 1735 mAh battery down to about 6 hours of use. Is there a new version of the Bionic out that I have missed? Please explain how the Bionic is better than the Maxx.

donzz

Reaction score
Wait, You are stating that the Bionic is better than the Maxx? How so? A two year old device initially designed for 2.3 Gingerbread vs. a state of the art Moto phone with hardware that spanks most phones in it's own class. I don't understand.
I've never owned a Bionic, but the few friends of mine that ran with one for a while explained that using 4G brought the phone's 1735 mAh battery down to about 6 hours of use. Is there a new version of the Bionic out that I have missed? Please explain how the Bionic is better than the Maxx.

He's entitled to his opinion, even if it's wrong. 'cause there is no way in hell the Bionic is better than the Maxx. Not is speed, Battery or looks. The lag on my Bionic was so bad that the first day I was able to get the Maxx, I had it. I will say the accessories for the Bionic are WAY better.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I wouldn't get all worked up over it. It's just as easy to make a case that an older car is better than a new one. It all depends on what you like personally and what you don't.

We all know the MAXX is more powerful, faster, larger screen, higher resolution, better build, larger battery, more advanced graphics processor, more RAM, has Kevlar, advanced generation of Gorilla Glass, advanced features, etc. That doesn't mean that someone might not prefer a simpler, more compact, smaller device.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Reiles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'm not raining on his parade, I'm just wondering if it might have been a typo. Bionic < Maxx Maybe. . . . :)

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I still have my Bionic and have been flashing CM 10.2 nightlies on it once a week or so just for fun. The Bionic was a great phone, highly underrated at the time it came out. But let's get real. The Maxx is superior in every. Single. Way. The screen alone is enough to make my eyeballs hurt after looking at it for just long enough to flash the latest nightly, I have no idea how I put up with it for so long. And Chrome runs like a crippled dog on that thing. Not to mention Google Now. Successful troll though, obviously.

tyseft163

Reaction score
Started now. Bought the phone technically yesterday. Let me know if you have questions about the device. I'll add more later.

Does Netflix cast on your MAXX? My BIONIC is still not doing it for that app only, it seems. Wonder if Motorola/Netflix got it right with MAXX? Does it make the embarrassing DRRROID! noise on boot up? Have you rooted it? I'm thinking MAXX in Jan, when I'm due.

doogald

Reaction score
Wonder if Motorola/Netflix got it right with MAXX? Does it make the embarrassing DRRROID! noise on boot up?

Yes. My one and only pet peeve with this phone. I'm hoping that Verizon and Motorola realize how annoying it is and drop the sound from boot at some future point. There is nothing worse than being in a quiet place and have the phone spontaneously reboot and make the stupid noise. (Thankfully, I've only had one spontaneous reboot since Aug 20. My up time is 253 hours and counting...)

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Yes. My one and only pet peeve with this phone. I'm hoping that Verizon and Motorola realize how annoying it is and drop the sound from boot at some future point. There is nothing worse than being in a quiet place and have the phone spontaneously reboot and make the stupid noise. (Thankfully, I've only had one spontaneous reboot since Aug 20. My up time is 253 hours and counting...)

Mine does the same noise, but I happen to love that do much it's my text tone!!!!

Sent from my Droid Maxx!!!

OP
TOMMYBOT

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Lol didn't realize I created a monster for the record. I did the > symbol as an arrow... I love my new max. I can definitely see how it was taken as the symbol that it is. And for that I apologize. I just wanted to start this thread for anyone who was in my situation. Makes it easier to decide on cup grading when someone can say they used the same for you have and liked the up grade for this but not that.

Love the maxx. Battery life is fantastic. I like the feel better than the S4.Everything else everyone says is true. Just want more out of the camera programming and sometimes it feels like it charges slow(8hours over night and it was stuck at 78% in the morning.

The one thing the bionic had that I liked was the removable battery which really doesn't matter now.

I also didn't check on this thread because family has been in town. Been super busy.

donzz

Reaction score
Love the maxx. Battery life is fantastic. I like the feel better than the S4.Everything else everyone says is true. Just want more out of the camera programming and sometimes it feels like it charges slow(8hours over night and it was stuck at 78% in the morning.
That is concerning. My phone got down to 28% once and it was fully charged when I checked it 4 hours later. Were you using the charger that came with it?

Olhonda

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe it's my imagination but the charger that came with the Maxx seems to charge faster than my old Motorola chargers.

OP
TOMMYBOT

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
I've been using my old stock chargers. I'll have to check that out when I get home in a week. Does it list a different voltage or amp?

Olhonda

Reaction score
The bionic charger y that I've been using reads 5.1v 850ma and the Maxx charger reads 5.0v 1150ma so that would explain the difference in charging speed.