Bionic Leaks Taken Down on Moto Servers; Could This be Final Build, or Back to Start?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-from-the-forums.jpg

One of our members found that all of the Droid Bionic's leaks have been pulled from Motorola's servers. This could mean a number of things, but it does suggest the possibility that they have reached a final build. Here's a quote from sargentmajord,

Hey guys just so u know all ICS leaks have been taken off the servers u can no longer pull updates via cheese cake u will get the up to date message does this mean .235 will be the ota? Or does it mean they are redoing the entire update to make it better what do u think has the day finally come or are they scraping their update again?

What do you guys think? Could we finally be on the final build, or is it likely just "back to the drawing board?"

Thanks sargentmajord!

Source: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...17603-all-ics-leaks-have-been-taken-down.html

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah me to cuz if they update to a newer build they leave the old build on the servers until they do the switch u never get the up to date message even when they do the switch cuz the switch between the old build an new build occurs with in 10 min of the build signature time an day or so I have seen an I checked multiple times to make sure it wasn't a fluke an still got the up to date message running 905 just so everyone knows that I am on the right build to check for updates if they have scraped it the rebuild will take 1 to 3 weeks depending on how extensive the over haul will be

quadtronix

Reaction score
IDK but I really hope it means ICS OTA is on it's way! :) Can't wait for that to happen!

Zanzaras

Reaction score
Let me preface what i'm about to say with "I'm totally ignorant of the process that goes into these sorts of things".

Having said that, my vote would be that it is probably close to an OTA also. However do they normally pull all of the old leaks off of the servers like that? If not, what are the chances that they pulled them in order to start fresh with testing an OTA that includes Jelly Bean?

Just wondering.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Doesn't mean much at all..

They did the same on the Droid 4, sat with no leaks on their servers for two or so weeks and then new ones (.214 then .215) started popping up again.

Zanzaras

Reaction score

They did the same on the Droid 4, sat with no leaks on their servers for two or so weeks and then new ones (.214 then .215) started popping up again.

Ahh... ok. Well it was more wishful thinking than anything else. :)

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
tcrews said:

Yeah kinda like what I said above if they scrap it it will take 1 to 3 weeks to rebuild it depending on how extensive it is

kdwisdom

Reaction score
Yeah, between the updated security (no FXZ) and pulling them off the servers, my guess is that its the final build. Let's see how long Verizon takes now haha.:happy3: