Bionic Lapdock now $50 at Verizon

lykofos

Reaction score
Just noticed this thread / $50 deal that's going on. Going to pick mine up now! dancedroid

Luckily, I live in a large metropolitan area and there are about 10 verizon corporate stores within a 25 mile radius. Went down the list calling...the first 3 stores were out of stock but the 4th one had 1 left in stock! I asked the guy to hold it for me and he said that he could just charge it to my verizon account so I can guarantee it's mine and can pick it up whenever I want, otherwise he could only hold it for an hour or so. Sweet!

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this thread; I picked one up this afternoon. After checking all the Verizon stores in my area by phone I finally found the last one available 25 miles away. The young lady in the store was good enough to hold it for me until I got there. It amazed me how the prices varied between the different corporate stores and the authorized dealers. As I called, a couple of dealers had them for $199, one had them for $299, and a dealer close to me had two for $99. I kept calling until I found the last one in the area for $49.97. I have played with it for a little while now and I will say it was definitely worth the $50! I may have even gone the $100 but not until I exhausted all efforts for the sale. It won't take the place of my laptop but it will certainly fill a void for web access on the go. So far I have found no quirks with it. I never like the mouse pads so I connected my wireless mouse to the USB and it picked it right up. I think I am really going to like this especially for my business where there is no wifi access.

Last edited:
OP
CurGeorge8

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
It seems like there are still a few of these things floating around. As a former VZW retail employee, here are a few tips if you're still trying to find one.

All VZW corporate stores have the same pricing. If you call one, and they say they have a one in stock, but the price isn't marked down, ask then to hold it anyway. Once they go to ring you out, it will come up as discounted.

VZW stores can do regional inventory lookups of other stores, so if you find someone helpful, and they don't have one in stock, ask them to check other locations.

Sales reps will walk all over each other to sell an accessory. Keep that in mind. Also, if a store is somewhat far, they may be willing to ship it to you direct from that location. Also, some urban stores have couriers.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

km75

Reaction score
Bought mine a couple of days ago. Had to drive 20 minutes away but I got the next to last one. I definitely think its worth the price. The only complaint I had was with the low memory warning showing up. Froze up a few applications using titanium backup and have not seen the memory warning since. Glad I stumbled upon this thread when I did.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It seems like there are still a few of these things floating around. As a former VZW retail employee, here are a few tips if you're still trying to find one.

All VZW corporate stores have the same pricing. If you call one, and they say they have a one in stock, but the price isn't marked down, ask then to hold it anyway. Once they go to ring you out, it will come up as discounted.

VZW stores can do regional inventory lookups of other stores, so if you find someone helpful, and they don't have one in stock, ask them to check other locations.

Sales reps will walk all over each other to sell an accessory. Keep that in mind. Also, if a store is somewhat far, they may be willing to ship it to you direct from that location. Also, some urban stores have couriers.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Good to know. The first one I called told me it was the original price. The next place told me it was now $49.97 because the Bionic was now "free." That means I could've gone to the first place, but the next one was not that far way .

I wondered about them shipping as you could go to the store locator and just enter another ZIP Code. Keep calling until you find one and have them ship it.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
For those having issues with the "No HDMI" error message, it must be the ROM you are using. I'm rooted on .902 and running Liberty ROM. I haven't had any issues with my lapdock running. Also, I haven't seen any low memory messages yet and I've had 5-6 tabs running in Firefox, multiple times. My App Storage has 2.4GB free and my Media/Internal Storage is at 2.2GB free. I'm also running a 64GB SanDisk microSD but not sure if that helps (I don't believe so). Really liking this thing so far, and my Galaxy Tab isn't getting much use now!

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Stopped by the local Verizon store Friday to check out the lapdock, ready to make a purchase, however when looking at it I thought "cute, but what do I gain over using my Macbook Pro. Currently tethered with PDAnet, and have used Foxfi, and for the life of me I couldn't find a reason to pick one up other than it's something different.

Oh well, that's $50 saved toward the Vanquish :cool-b:.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
kevsgroove said:
Stopped by the local Verizon store Friday to check out the lapdock, ready to make a purchase, however when looking at it I thought "cute, but what do I gain over using my Macbook Pro. Currently tethered with PDAnet, and have used Foxfi, and for the life of me I couldn't find a reason to pick one up other than it's something different.

I think the difference for many is that it is more convenient than using their laptop or PC. I know for me, between my phone and tablet, I rarely ever use my PC or my laptop and rarely need to. Where my laptop use to go everywhere I went, it never does anymore. My tablet with the USB keyboard does instead. I think the lapdock serves that purpose. I think if I had a lapdock, I probably would not be using my tablet anymore...or my PC or my laptop.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I think the difference for many is that it is more convenient than using their laptop or PC. I know for me, between my phone and tablet, I rarely ever use my PC or my laptop and rarely need to. Where my laptop use to go everywhere I went, it never does anymore. My tablet with the USB keyboard does instead. I think the lapdock serves that purpose. I think if I had a lapdock, I probably would not be using my tablet anymore...or my PC or my laptop.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Either way, something extra needs to be carried. Guess it all comes down to what you want to bring along.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Don't own a laptop or tablet. Haven't had a need yet, but I don't anticipate carrying this around either.

Let us know (in general) where you live. Someone else will probably want the one you didn't pick up.

Last edited:

lykofos

Reaction score
I'm really enjoying the lapdock so far. Typing this from a hotel lobby in fact (on 4G which is faster than the hotel's wifi)! Only been using the lapdock for 2 days, but can definitely see the niche that it fills. And at $50, it's a steal.

It's much lighter and more compact than my laptop and I can see myself reaching for the lapdock to throw in my briefcase on a daily basis / during flights instead of my laptop.

I've experienced none of the complaints some people have mentioned so far. My space bar key works no matter where I press on it and no low memory warnings either (I've had 8 tabs open in firefox at once). Loving the lapdock.

Last edited:

qweesy

Reaction score
picked up one yesterday in the conroe store TX they still had one left after I got minedancedroid 50$ its a steal

fisch2481

Reaction score
First off,

Thanks OP. Since I picked this up the day of your posting I was able to mod the webtop to allow me to partition my SD card to allow 6 gigs of memory. I also installed Ubuntu's XFCE desktop environment with the ability to install custom applications. This is like having an extra laptop for when i'm on the fly! oh boy the fun begins!

View attachment 50727