Bionic Lapdock now $50 at Verizon

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by CurGeorge8, May 30, 2012.

1. jawknee

jawknee New Member

buy now, explain later. Thats what I just did. :biggrin:

Playing with in at work instead of working. :mad:
  2. unboostedzc

unboostedzc New Member

scooped the last one in a hundred mile radius. solid feeling machine. now to try to figure out how to get it work with atomix/ics rom.
  3. bluezdawg

bluezdawg New Member

Had my lapdock 2 days and am love'n it! Got to spend some quality time on it today, wuz awesome! Excellent purchase!

Sent from my butt-kick'n DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk2
  4. unboostedzc

unboostedzc New Member

the guys with rooted phones, are you using the stock moto rom or something else?

every time i plug mine it it just comes up and says no HDMI input. running atomix .04 based on AOKP. do i need to go back to stock rooted, upgrade from .902 to .905 or something else to get it to work?
  5. sjmerlo

sjmerlo New Member

I picked mine up yesterday. Will play around with it tonight.
  6. jawknee

jawknee New Member

im rooted on stock rom, .902 and it works fine.

one negative with this thing is the picture and video resolution of the files is that of the bionic so whn you go full screen, it isnt the clearest picture. and hbo go will not work when docked.
  7. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

I'd say get it, if you're able to. If you don't want it, I'm sure there'll be people willing to take it off your hands. :)
  8. BroidDrionic

BroidDrionic New Member

Well they didn't have one at either of my local stores in south Austin, but there was one at a store about 40 miles south of here - which coincidentally is where the verizon guy at my local store lives! He's picking it up and bringing it into Austin tomorrow morning... Very excited about it!
  9. jawknee

jawknee New Member

question - so what do i when it asks to install flash to watch a video from the webtops firefox browser? do i install? and if so which operating system do i choose?
  10. akhi216

akhi216 Member

I don't have a Lapdock but I'm pretty sure that the Lapdocks have full Firefox browsers that have flash as opposed to the mobile versions.
  11. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

I would use Bionic's browser if I knew I was going to use Flash. I have no clue as to the OS of the lapdock. The Android OS is more like Linux, IIRC.
  12. BroidDrionic

BroidDrionic New Member

Well I just picked mine up! Posting from it now, it seems pretty good so far. A little slow browsing the internet but not bad! The screen looks fantastic, crisp and clear, bright too.
    The keyboard is a little stiff and a little small for my taste, but it's not quite as bad as most of the reviews make it out to be.
    The overall feel of the thing is great. Continuous metal between the keyboard and trackpad. Firm and sturdy in the hand but not heavy. No loose parts that seem like they'll break off anytime soon.
    Speakers suck but they're louder than the bionic's speakers.

Overall very happy with this thing!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  13. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Glad you're liking it.. I actually don't really remember seeing to many bad reviews about it. I like it, buttons don't seem stiff to me but the keyboard does take a little getting used to.
  14. zirkdog

zirkdog New Member

Picked mine up today for the sale price. They had two left when i called and sold the other before i got there. Coeur d Alene, ID store is now sold out.
  15. hts4215

hts4215 New Member

I bought the last one today at the Sugar Land, Tx store this afternoon. Not bad at all for $50!!!
  16. urphonesux

urphonesux New Member

definitely loving mine!!!
  17. lykofos

lykofos New Member

Just noticed this thread / $50 deal that's going on. Going to pick mine up now! dancedroid

Luckily, I live in a large metropolitan area and there are about 10 verizon corporate stores within a 25 mile radius. Went down the list calling...the first 3 stores were out of stock but the 4th one had 1 left in stock! I asked the guy to hold it for me and he said that he could just charge it to my verizon account so I can guarantee it's mine and can pick it up whenever I want, otherwise he could only hold it for an hour or so. Sweet!
  18. stingrayracing

stingrayracing New Member

Thanks for posting this thread; I picked one up this afternoon. After checking all the Verizon stores in my area by phone I finally found the last one available 25 miles away. The young lady in the store was good enough to hold it for me until I got there. It amazed me how the prices varied between the different corporate stores and the authorized dealers. As I called, a couple of dealers had them for $199, one had them for $299, and a dealer close to me had two for $99. I kept calling until I found the last one in the area for $49.97. I have played with it for a little while now and I will say it was definitely worth the $50! I may have even gone the $100 but not until I exhausted all efforts for the sale. It won't take the place of my laptop but it will certainly fill a void for web access on the go. So far I have found no quirks with it. I never like the mouse pads so I connected my wireless mouse to the USB and it picked it right up. I think I am really going to like this especially for my business where there is no wifi access.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  19. CurGeorge8

CurGeorge8 New Member

It seems like there are still a few of these things floating around. As a former VZW retail employee, here are a few tips if you're still trying to find one.

All VZW corporate stores have the same pricing. If you call one, and they say they have a one in stock, but the price isn't marked down, ask then to hold it anyway. Once they go to ring you out, it will come up as discounted.

VZW stores can do regional inventory lookups of other stores, so if you find someone helpful, and they don't have one in stock, ask them to check other locations.

Sales reps will walk all over each other to sell an accessory. Keep that in mind. Also, if a store is somewhat far, they may be willing to ship it to you direct from that location. Also, some urban stores have couriers.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  20. km75

km75 New Member

Bought mine a couple of days ago. Had to drive 20 minutes away but I got the next to last one. I definitely think its worth the price. The only complaint I had was with the low memory warning showing up. Froze up a few applications using titanium backup and have not seen the memory warning since. Glad I stumbled upon this thread when I did.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Search tags for this page

bionic lapdock

buy the droid bionic lapdock for $50.00
driod bionic
droid bionic clearance

droid bionic lapdock

droid bionic lapdock charger plug
droid bionic lapdock price
htc thunderbolt lapdock
motorola bionic lapdock
motorola lapdock bionic