Bionic Lapdock now $50 at Verizon

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by CurGeorge8, May 30, 2012.

1. deduct

deduct Well-Known Member

I guess that's true. I thought they were true vzw store. I have given this store in particular hundreds of dollars over the years. One would think they would cut me a break. Wishful thinking on my part I guess.
  2. deduct

deduct Well-Known Member

Well, Looks like vz is out of stock with the lap dock online. Guess I missed the boat on this one. Damn!
  3. Unsocial

Unsocial New Member

Is this compatible with the Razr Maxx?
  4. datafox

datafox New Member

Yep

We used the Lapdock 100 with the Bionic and Razr MAXX and they both work well with it.
  5. bluezdawg

bluezdawg New Member

Been kick,n it around a bit this morning. Couple of observations/comments:
    1.) Tried using Splashtop Remote, had some challenges. I am using a wireless mouse. The cursor moved but click the mouse had not effect (also used the touch pad on the lapdock, same thing). Anyone using SplashTop Remote or any other remote desktop app successfully with the lapdock?

2.) Slingbox: Seems to struggle buffering enough data to keep up when viewing full-screen, okay when I resize the screen a bit smaller. Wireless seems to be okay speedwise.

3.) Netflix: All seems okay. Works great, even in full-screen mode

4.) Would be great to get Webtop 3.0 :icon_ lala:

5.) Anyone figure out how to get a screenshot of the webtop on lapdock? Just wanna know cuz that would be cool!

6.) Wanna test bluetooth if I can find my dang MotoRokr headset.

7.) Anyone know how to disable the touchpad mouse thingy? I prefer to use the wireless mouse... keep dragging my hands over it when using the keyboards and it does bad stuff.

8.) Very well worth the $50 dollars. Gives me something to do while waiting for ICS dancedroid

9.) Curious to hear what other cool things folks are doing.
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  6. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Yea I'm having problems clicking boxes also but it eventually works.

To disable the touchpad, double tap with your finger the touchpad light.
  7. bluezdawg

bluezdawg New Member

I'd call around to some of the Verizon stores in your area, that is where most are finding them.

8. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Go to Store Locator - Verizon Wireless and look at the Corporate stores (first tab). I had to call 2; while both had them in stock, the first quoted the $199.97 price. The second said $49.97 and it was because the Bionic was now "free" (with 2-year contract). I probably could've gotten one at the first store if I talked to them more.

I have to put a caveat there. According to Lapdock 100 - Overview - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA the Lapdock 100 works with most Motorola smartphones. The lapdock we're talking about is made for the Bionic's shape (with or without the Motorola extended battery) so I don't think the RAZR will fit. It might work if you get a short cable with mini connectors so you connect the cable to the lapdock and then to the phone.
  9. Bionic_Racer

Bionic_Racer New Member

This sucks i really want a lapdock but verizon online has been out of stock for a while now. Will they get more in? And if so will they still be 50?
  10. aaf709

It's better to got to a Verizon corporate store instead of looking for it online. It looks like it's an "In Stores While They Last" sort of thing. Go to Store Locator - Verizon Wireless and call the corporate stores (first tab) in your area. Some may quote the original price, but have them check. One store I called told me the original price while another said $50.
  11. aaf709

I'm playing with it a bit and tried to put in a flash drive. How can I access it? Neither the file manager on the lapdock nor Astro finds it. Is there something I need to do?

UPDATE: Never mind, I plugged it into the other USB port and it came up. I just tried a mouse on the USB port where the flash drive didn't work and the mouse worked fine. So for me the USB port closest to the power cord is for flash drives and the other one is for mouses (yes, the plural for a computer mouse is mouses).
  12. Bionic_Racer

Bionic_Racer New Member

Well i called all the berizon stores in my area and theyre all sold out. Most of them only had the lapdock 100 which is 199! Way too mich for that thing. Ebay is selling them for 124 but even that is too much for the original lapdock. Guess ill never have one :(
  13. BLeClair12

BLeClair12 New Member

Mine was waiting for me when I got home from work today. Played with it a bit, but the battery was pretty much dead, so it's charging now. Loved what I saw. Unfortunately, my Bionic doesn't even come close to fitting while in its case, so I have to remove the thing every time I want to use it. Which isn't that big of a deal, but it's a pain to take off and put back on.

Screen looks great. Definitely a little sluggish, and the size of the keyboard takes a little bit to get used to, but I love the functionality. Will be great when (or if we ever) get ICS.

A rip off at $300, but a total steal at $50.
  14. aaf709

I wonder if there's a cable out there that has the mini connector (male & female) so you could simply plug the phone into the cable and then to the lapdock.
  15. Bionic_Racer

Bionic_Racer New Member

Yea i could not ever imagine paying 300 for it especially when there are laptops that cheap.

Let me ask you does the lapdock itself have a charger connected to it so you can use it for prolonged periods of time, or does it run soley off the bionics battery?
  16. BLeClair12

BLeClair12 New Member

I wondered as well. I took a quick look and came up with nothing, but I'll search more extensively later. Even if it was a two-piece solution, as long as it wasn't costly, I'd probably bite. I just couldn't justify spending anything significant that isn't really a major concern, just more of a convenience.

The lapdock has its own charger, yes. It's a two piece (AC plug into a small box, cord running to the dock). It plugs into the back along with any USB devices you might want to connect.

The dock charges the phone, but the phone does not supply power to the dock (well, technically it does, but you get what I'm saying).
  17. KronikAilment

KronikAilment New Member

My local Verizon store called me a couple of days ago about this $50 Lapdock deal and I bought 2 of them. Worked fine with my wife's Bionic, but mine wouldn't work while rooted. Worked fine after unrooting. Anyway to run the Lapdock on a rooted Bionic?
  18. aaf709

Don't know, but I'm sure there'll be people happy to take if off your hands if you'd rather stay rooted.
  19. Bionic_Racer

Bionic_Racer New Member

Ill take it : )
  20. Fokkerdmr

Fokkerdmr New Member

Typing on my new lapdock using rooted bionic.

Some thoughts:

1. Full resolution browser is great!
    2. Wireless mouse worked for me in the USB port next to the power cord.
    3. This space bar is going to drive me insane.
    4. Keyboard requires "heavy" fingers
    5. Playing HD video is awesome!
    6. Lower resolution upscaled screen is OK, not great.
    7. Would be nice if there was a better way to mimic the touch screen using the trackpad.
    8. You can leave the lapdock charging on its charger - the bionic charges from the lapdock, not the other way around.

Enjoy!
Search tags for this page

bionic lapdock

buy the droid bionic lapdock for $50.00
driod bionic
droid bionic clearance

droid bionic lapdock

droid bionic lapdock charger plug
droid bionic lapdock price
htc thunderbolt lapdock
motorola bionic lapdock
motorola lapdock bionic