Bionic Lapdock now $50 at Verizon

Thefistoflove

Reaction score
Just called my closest store, they have 3 in stock and are holding one for me. I didn't think about my discount but I'll be sure to bring that up when I go get mine. Man am I happy I drop by the forums today.

killer_bee

Reaction score
You never call them up directly... Because the greedy store workers will lie and buy it for themselves.

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Got one! With a neat little story to boot.

As I posted earlier, I called my local corporate store and they said not only did they have none, but there were none within 500 miles. Come to find out later, of course, this is simply because they can't look up stock. Once I found that out, I called the corporate store about twenty minutes from me. They didn't have any either.

I had pretty much given up all hope, but when I got home from work, I remembered that my dad was up north for the night for work. I looked up the area, and found that there was one Verizon corporate store up there (this town literally extends the furthest reaches of Verizon's US coverage, it's just miles from the Canadian border). Gave them a call, and after about twenty minutes of research, the guy working called me back and told me he did, in fact, have two out back. I had them bill it to my account and my dad went and picked it up for me on his way to his hotel.

About a half hour later, the guy I spoke to from the local store called me back and said he found just one out back and he had set it aside for me. Needless to say, I went through the whole process with the other store for nothing, as I could have gotten it right here anyway, but oh well. Nice of the guy to call back instead of keeping it for himself or another employee, I thanked him for thinking of me and calling back and explained to him what I had done.

Granted, the work on commission and he was just trying to make the sale, but regardless, it was a nice gesture. Will have one of these things in my hands tomorrow!

bluezdawg

Reaction score
The Verizon store in Boulder had 3 left. I bought 1 and they are holding the other 2 till end of business tomorrow for two of my work colleagues. Using the lapdock now, takes some getting use to (although I am using it on my lap in a recliner ;-)

Sent from my butt-kick'n DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk2

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Btw, the lapdock definitely works with the extended battery. Looks like once the lapdock is charged, it will keep you phone battery charge

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Btw, the lapdock definitely works with the extended battery. Looks like once the lapdock is charged, it will keep you phone battery charge

Yes, in fact there's a warning that if you don't want to drain the lapdock's battery, then remove the phone when not in use.

To be exact, it's designed to accommodate the Motorola extended battery. If you have the Mugen 4000 mAh (or another one) it won't fit without a bit of cutting.

Last edited:

killer_bee

Reaction score
Just got mine but I noticed the lapdock gets really hot while using it... Anyone experiencing this?

Thefistoflove

Reaction score
My discount was not applied because of it was on clearance. Oh well, still a score. The sales clerks didn't even know it was on sale. They in unison said "Oh that's why you bought it."

whomhead

Reaction score
Called my local VZW store and asked if they had one.
The guy told me the have 4 being delivered tomorrow from another store.
He's going to set one aside for me and give me a call when they come in.

Pretty stoked!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The sales clerks didn't even know it was on sale. They in unison said "Oh that's why you bought it."

In my case the sales person I talked to said it was $49.97 because the Bionic was now free (with contract). Proof again that knowledge in the Verizon stores varies. I probably could've gotten it for that amount at the Verizon store who said it was $199.97 (the person at the other store knew it was $49.97) if I told them.

Last edited:

3sweeties

Reaction score
3sweeties said:
a potential score!
Hubby is just miles away from a store that had one left. Clerk said" You are kidding me! $50. I assure you no one knows about this and said he would hold and hide it!" I hope it is there when hubs gets there!

Yes score complete! Hubs arrived safely home with it!

dluke

Reaction score
Got One!!

Hell ya! Thanks to the OP for the heads up!! i almost picked one up back when i saw them for $80 but im sure glad now that i didnt. definitely a great find for $49.97. the sales assoc. at the store couldnt even believe it. luckily only had to call 2 stores to find one and they had 2 left, so they are out there just few and far between it seems.
View attachment 50542

bhp117

Reaction score
will it still work if i'm using gummy ics rom or other roms?

thinking of getting 1 since i found 3 store 10 miles around have more than 3 in stock

urphonesux

Reaction score
dluke;[URL="tel:2123053" said:
2123053[/URL]]Hell ya! Thanks to the OP for the heads up!! i almost picked one up back when i saw them for $80 but im sure glad now that i didnt. definitely a great find for $49.97. the sales assoc. at the store couldnt even believe it. luckily only had to call 2 stores to find one and they had 2 left, so they are out there just few and far between it seems.
View attachment 50542

good thing we did not jump on the 1saleaday deal. If i remember correctly that was a bad batch of refurbs :I