Bionic lapdock $299.97

sk102704

Reaction score

Snow02

Reaction score
I would imagine there will be a way to enable dock mode through a standard hdmi cable. So if you do plan on using a Bluetooth mouse/Kb, maybe hold off spending all that money on the dock. Obviously if you want to use a USB mouse/Kb you'll need the dock.

wseyller

Reaction score
Just realized when I said the lapdock for the bionic may have been improved over the atrix, it may not be that the lapdock itself is not improved but the laptop software on the bionic itself may have been improved. The dock itself may be same as the attrix but what do I know?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

wseyller

Reaction score
I would imagine there will be a way to enable dock mode through a standard hdmi cable. So if you do plan on using a Bluetooth mouse/Kb, maybe hold off spending all that money on the dock. Obviously if you want to use a USB mouse/Kb you'll need the dock.

What I'm thinking. Once rooted and such we hopefully have a workaround. At worst it seems they have the adaptor which is a more economical solution

Snow02

Reaction score
Just realized when I said the lapdock for the bionic may have been improved over the atrix, it may not be that the lapdock itself is not improved but the laptop software on the bionic itself may have been improved. The dock itself may be same as the attrix but what do I know?

Correct. The software will be better. Not much to improve about the dock itself.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looked at the accessory pictures more. Still likes the same as the Atrix dock. When the Bionic comes out, I'll check reviews on Amazon or go into a store and see if it works with the Atrix dock. If it does then I'm getting one off Amazon for $199.

GBH2

Reaction score
This is far from conclusive but it may be a good sign.

I was just reading the Bionic User Manual and while it did mention that for "wifi Hotspot" you needing to subscribe for an additional service plan it did not mention anything about needing an additional tethering plan for use of the Lapdock or Webtop functions. At least some hope still remains that there will be no tethering plan required.

OP
S

spider210

Reaction score
Yah the lapdock manual doesn't say anything but make sure enough data plan is required

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
It looks like both the HDMI and usb ports on the Bionic are in the exact same place as the Atrix.....:icon_eek:. The lapdock for $199 is looking really REALLY nice right about now.

DamirD1984

Reaction score
instead of releasing garbage, like that Laptop Dock, why not a Tablet Dock....

Now a tablet dock would be worth the $300, one that would let you pop in your, lets say, Droid Bionic, into the tablet dock, like you would snap in a battery for a laptop. And you would have yourself a very nice
"Bionic Tablet."

I wouldn't imagine that it would that complicated, just pass trough the signal straight trough the micro-hdmi, and link up the tablets touchscreen controls with the micro usb.

Hell, if I wanted a such small laptop, I could buy a Win7 Netbook for less, and be able to do more.

And here are links to what ASUS working on: ASUS Padfone

[video=youtube;z5aAOKJGBjo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5aAOKJGBjo[/video]

Last edited:

GBH2

Reaction score
It looks like both the HDMI and usb ports on the Bionic are in the exact same place as the Atrix.....:icon_eek:. The lapdock for $199 is looking really REALLY nice right about now.

I just came across this interesting post over on XDA about getting the Photon to work with the Atrix Lapdock. Apparently the connectors were in a slightly different position than the Atrix but they didn't let that stop them, lol.

Photon working with LapDock! - xda-developers

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

GBH2

Reaction score
FWIW, a user on Ac, ndtemple417, says he has the bionic lapdock and confirms that it DOES NOT require any extra tethering plan to be used with the Bionic on wifi or on the phones data.

My Bionic - Page 92 - Android Forums

Edit: He later clarified that he has the Just bought the Bionic lapdock but does not have a Bionic yet:

nothing but obviously they wouldn't have let me purchase if i needed a tethering plan...also i asked the associate and he said no its not required but recommended if i planned on using netflix and such a bunch on it that maybe i should get one i was like nah im good plus in the manual that comes with it..it says works via wifi or existing data plan....NO TETHERING SERVICE REQUIRED...nice

Last edited: