Bionic Issues and Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vito.a

Reaction score
I suspect the Verizon requirement for the phone to operate in both 3G and the new 4G together takes extra development time/work. This causes delays with Verizon phone versions.
The AT&T and Sprint 4G networks are just an extension of their current 3G.

Tillmorn

Reaction score
I suspect the Verizon requirement for the phone to operate in both 3G and the new 4G together takes extra development time/work. This causes delays with Verizon phone versions.
The AT&T and Sprint 4G networks are just an extension of their current 3G.

It's not like Verizon's LTE is "true 4G" anyway. Yeah, it's quicker than other companies upgraded 3G services, but it's called Long Term Evolution for a reason. And if the battery issues it may (or may not) be causing with the tbolt is any indication, I might just start looking a little harder at the x2/d3/inc2 without 4g.

Regardless of the fact that I'm still rocking an Eris and desperately want to upgrade to something that can at least run angry birds smoothly...

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Between the bolt and the bionic go with the bolt. They are both locked so I wouldn't recommend either of them, but if you have to choose go with the motorola phones because they are usually better designed (gps, battery life, durability, etc).

People are confused over the locked bootloaders. Yes you can flash roms. But you cannot flash kernels, meaning your phone never gets updated passed what verizon wants you to. So if they decide they want you to buy a new phone, you no longer get OS updates.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

vzdroid13

Reaction score
Lol vzw will have at LEAST two dual core phones by the time the iPhone releases.... why would you think they would wait for the iPhone 5 for competition? Then 80% of people would ONLY buy those... and it's not entirely up to vzw when phones are ready for launch and I KNOW if moto (or anyone for that matter) had a phone ready and vzw said "we're gonna wait till the iPhone to let you launch" they would say "okay we'll take our awesome phones somewhere else... maybe the newly combined forces of at&t and tmo?" Point is it would not only be pointless, it would be downright stupid for them to WAIT for the iPhone to launch.... the point is to be AHEAD of the competition heh

I don't think its that simple. Manufacturers build a phone to work on a specific network, and it takes time and money to make it run on another network. I really don't think Verizon is waiting to compete with a specific phone, especially since they will probably be getting that phone themselves. They know manufacturers are always making newer better phones and all Verizon wants to do is get them out and sell them. I think they will sell the Bionic as soon as they can, but they probably will wait about a month after the TB, just like what happened with the iphone.
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

sent from my Thunderbolt

Red Droid

Reaction score
Sooooo... if the Bionic and iP5 are delayed until late summer, does that mean the unlimited internet data package will disappear before the phones arrive?

kohl6189

Reaction score
Just heard from my buddy who works at corporate vzw the bionic isn't coming out till the summer

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DyMiC

Reaction score
Ugh. I'm tired of all the release date drama. Can we just have the freaking phone already?

Also, from what I read on the Verizon Site.... IF YOU'RE ELIGIBLE FOR AN UPGRADE NOW... you can get the Thunderbolt, and still get locked into Unlimited Data for $29.99 a month, and that INCLUDES 4G LTE. So I would say, if you have an upgrade available... probably get the Thunderbolt for now, and then when the time comes, sell that *excuse my French* ***** on eBay for a pretty penny, and then get a Brand New Out Of Contract Bionic. Mmm. A Phone YOU Own. Not the company. Plus, that way, you get 4G for 30 bucks a month instead of waiting on these new ridiculous plans I've been hearing about.

pyroelite

Reaction score
The way vzw operates, they'd prob delay a release cuz their lame a$$ t-shirts didn't make it to the reps in time...

DX {Rub¡X Blurr¥ 2.¤}

cece5702

Reaction score
I just hope they have something decent by August so I can get something other than the TB! I would even try the Droid X2 if its any good!
I just spoke with a Verizon rep about the Bionic and he had some interesting things to say.

The Bionic may not even be released until the 4th Quarter possibly even next year! They are apparently having heat issues with the processor. He said they are obviously not going to release a phone until those kind of issues are fixed.

It makes me wonder though, because the Atrix has the same processor. Unless the issue is LTE in combination with the processor being that AT&T hasn't enabled 4G on the Atrix yet.

In light of this information, I think I'm going to just get the Thunderbolt with the extended battery. I've never had an HTC phone, but it's fast, rooted, and there are even custom roms already! Maybe by the time I'm eligible for my next upgrade, dual core will be more refined and worth it.

Sent from my Droid

Vito.a

Reaction score
Verizon wants to get the Bionic out as soon as possible to take advantage of the new 4G network. Reliable sources say we will see it by the end of April.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I wonder if the Galaxy S II is seriously coming. That would definitely be a good phone also.

Reaction score
Non-insider leaks are never reliable, I'm sticking with our poet insider... he was right about the TB while everyone else was finding 'leaked' info with all these earlier launch dates... that were wrong...

Verizon LOVES surprising people by not giving real dates then getting real quiet about a phone then a couple days later it just shows up on the site and you get an email about it lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Status
Not open for further replies.