Bionic Issues and Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goddesslisa

Reaction score
Sorry I am brand new to this forum, however I wanted to respond. The issue about overheating, people have questioned Motorola about this, they have responded with it is not an issue. That was debunked in January.
Here is what I don't understand.. I have been trying to keep track of when and figure out hints as far as when it will be released. I have read many different posts about this. The CEO's have said the end of Q2, I think that was just to string us along so if they didn't release it in the begining they wouldnt have pissed off people. LOL
Now heres what I don't get, From a marketing persceptive. People have said that Motorola wouldnt want to release the Atrix and the Bionic close to one another in order to make sales, they arent going to care about what carrier sells which one. After reading all of that, I took a date and made a bet with my boyfriend that it would be released on June 21st. A tuesday, one day less than a year after Droid X was released, and four months after Atrix was released.
Also it was my understanding that if its the end of Q2 it would be kinda a replacement for the Droid X. I know I'm waiting until these come out to switch.
Trust me I have an Iphone.. I hate it!!!!! There are times that I just want to smash it, when I get a Bionic then I can. LOL
So sick of AT & T, I just want out.
Now I also read an article where the guy said the date will be around April 21st.
But that can't be right, through all my pathetic reasearch Motorola only releases on Tuesdays?
I am waiting on the edge of my seat for it.
I have read what Black Man X wrote, I understand MOST of it, however not all of it. After I had read all of the info that has come out, needless to say. I called off the bet. LOL
Hope that the first part of it helps, the rest is just my rant! LOL

trailblazen

Reaction score
+1

crafty underhanded sales tactic. Ol boy was working real hard for his commission check.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Maybe he was confused....the Atrix is suposedly coming to VZW in Q4. I dunno...store reps know less than anyone it seems.

Sent from somewhere...

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Sorry I am brand new to this forum, however I wanted to respond. The issue about overheating, people have questioned Motorola about this, they have responded with it is not an issue. That was debunked in January.
Here is what I don't understand.. I have been trying to keep track of when and figure out hints as far as when it will be released. I have read many different posts about this. The CEO's have said the end of Q2, I think that was just to string us along so if they didn't release it in the begining they wouldnt have pissed off people. LOL
Now heres what I don't get, From a marketing persceptive. People have said that Motorola wouldnt want to release the Atrix and the Bionic close to one another in order to make sales, they arent going to care about what carrier sells which one. After reading all of that, I took a date and made a bet with my boyfriend that it would be released on June 21st. A tuesday, one day less than a year after Droid X was released, and four months after Atrix was released.
Also it was my understanding that if its the end of Q2 it would be kinda a replacement for the Droid X. I know I'm waiting until these come out to switch.
Trust me I have an Iphone.. I hate it!!!!! There are times that I just want to smash it, when I get a Bionic then I can. LOL
So sick of AT & T, I just want out.
Now I also read an article where the guy said the date will be around April 21st.
But that can't be right, through all my pathetic reasearch Motorola only releases on Tuesdays?
I am waiting on the edge of my seat for it.
I have read what Black Man X wrote, I understand MOST of it, however not all of it. After I had read all of the info that has come out, needless to say. I called off the bet. LOL
Hope that the first part of it helps, the rest is just my rant! LOL

The X2 is going to be the replacement for the X actually and phones are usually released on Thursdays, at least with Verizon anyway.

Goddesslisa

Reaction score
Thank you! I was misinformed that they were released only on Tuesdays!

rmwheeler

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if Verizon pushs back the release date of the Bionic so that there are no dual core phones competing with the iPhone 5 when it comes out. It seems like Verizon could be staying away from all the new dual cores just for that reason.

Sent from my ADR6400L

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
It wouldn't surprise me if Verizon pushs back the release date of the Bionic so that there are no dual core phones competing with the iPhone 5 when it comes out. It seems like Verizon could be staying away from all the new dual cores just for that reason.

Sent from my ADR6400L

I don't know how true it is but I heard that Verizon will not get the iPhone 5 until late this year or next next year.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Yeah, I also read the iPhone 5 was going to be delayed until September so I don't think that has anything to do with dual cores.

rmwheeler

Reaction score

Sent from my ADR6400L

I don't know how true it is but I heard that Verizon will not get the iPhone 5 until late this year or next next year.

That could be true. I'm just thinking there must be some reason why Verizon is getting passed over for all of these new dual core phones.

trailblazen

Reaction score
Yeah, I also read the iPhone 5 was going to be delayed until September so I don't think that has anything to do with dual cores.

I heard September as well at work today talking to my friend who is equally into phones as I am.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's a good point:I've also wondered y we haven't seen any hands on videos:as keith sweat would say,somethin just aint rite!!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

Sent from my ADR6400L

That could be true. I'm just thinking there must be some reason why Verizon is getting passed over for all of these new dual core phones.

There is. They are more worried about the iPhone than their Android phones so they don't care whether they get the dual cores or not.

nyeshia0431

Reaction score
I guess they'll care when people aren't lined up to buy the iPhone 5!!!! Think about it....people are already stuck with 2 yr contract with the iPhone 4. Some will pay full retail, but others won't. So don't hold Droid lovers back just because you sold your soul to the Devil, I mean Apple lol

Reaction score
Lol vzw will have at LEAST two dual core phones by the time the iPhone releases.... why would you think they would wait for the iPhone 5 for competition? Then 80% of people would ONLY buy those... and it's not entirely up to vzw when phones are ready for launch and I KNOW if moto (or anyone for that matter) had a phone ready and vzw said "we're gonna wait till the iPhone to let you launch" they would say "okay we'll take our awesome phones somewhere else... maybe the newly combined forces of at&t and tmo?" Point is it would not only be pointless, it would be downright stupid for them to WAIT for the iPhone to launch.... the point is to be AHEAD of the competition heh

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.