Bionic Issues and Release Date

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by sgtguthrie, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie New Member

I just spoke with a Verizon rep about the Bionic and he had some interesting things to say.

The Bionic may not even be released until the 4th Quarter possibly even next year! They are apparently having heat issues with the processor. He said they are obviously not going to release a phone until those kind of issues are fixed.

It makes me wonder though, because the Atrix has the same processor. Unless the issue is LTE in combination with the processor being that AT&T hasn't enabled 4G on the Atrix yet.

In light of this information, I think I'm going to just get the Thunderbolt with the extended battery. I've never had an HTC phone, but it's fast, rooted, and there are even custom roms already! Maybe by the time I'm eligible for my next upgrade, dual core will be more refined and worth it.
  2. elvis_marmaduke

elvis_marmaduke New Member

So those rumors of early next month (including insider blog poem/posts) are supposedly false too?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  3. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

This is untrue. Heat issues have already been fixed.

Droid--->ether--->this thread
  4. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    That is not true at all. My Contact Mention April, The Panda mentioned After Passover, and also Verizon Rep told me April.
  5. elvis_marmaduke

So let's aim for April 17 :)

6. vzdroid13

vzdroid13 New Member

Well the ceo of motorola said end of q2, so sometime in june. If it were going to come on april, I would have waited and not got the thunderbolt.

sent from my Thunderbolt
  7. elvis_marmaduke

Yeah but they ORIGINALLY said early Q2... plus what do CEOs know these days? Its all about the inside guys hahaha :p

8. Mwsr

Mwsr New Member

Looks like another TB release thread..

can + string on 2.1
  9. sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie New Member

I'm just putting out there what i was told. I sure hope nobody is saying that I'm being un-truthful.

I would like to believe that it'll be out next month issue free and unlockable, but I'm skeptical.

He said he heard that it would be in q4 now from someone at Motorola. I guess it just comes down to who you believe (or want to believe). There's rumors with both extremes out there. All we can really do is wait and see.

Sent from my Droid running whatever ROM and Kernel I chose to use today...
  10. MarkO

MarkO New Member

Who really knows. Just because you spoke with someone from Verizon doesn't mean squat. My wife runs one of the main switches in the area and I know more about the upcoming phones than she does. I've spoken with the tech's in her office and they really either don't care or don't know what the status is on every phone.
    The fact that the Atrix has been out for a little while and the Thunderbolt is running on LTE speaks volumes. I believe it's safe to assume we're looking at a mid to late April debut. If not, it won't be much later. I seriously doubt 4th quarter.
  11. MatchesMalone

MatchesMalone New Member

I don't think anyone is questioning your integrity. It sounds like the rep wants to make a sale today instead of waiting for his commission check.

It is curious that the Moto Bionic hasn't reared its head this week at CTIA....
  12. elvis_marmaduke

Lol I was thinking that same thing on the Rep trying to sell now in stead of waiting.... the crappier phone you buy now (not saying the TB is crappy) the sooner you feel the need to upgrade....

13. illmatic636

illmatic636 New Member

This is a very misleading title.

I think your letting your Verizon contact talk you into a new 2 year. And almost convincing yourself to get the TB. Go for it!
    But the fact that it's twin (Atrix) operates w/o the heat issue should draw up a red flag.

unsubscribe
  14. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    I think the samething. He was after a TB sale...
  15. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

The reps was being untruthful. He wanted a sale.
  16. Goddesslisa

Goddesslisa New Member

Sorry I am brand new to this forum, however I wanted to respond. The issue about overheating, people have questioned Motorola about this, they have responded with it is not an issue. That was debunked in January.
    Here is what I don't understand.. I have been trying to keep track of when and figure out hints as far as when it will be released. I have read many different posts about this. The CEO's have said the end of Q2, I think that was just to string us along so if they didn't release it in the begining they wouldnt have pissed off people. LOL
    Now heres what I don't get, From a marketing persceptive. People have said that Motorola wouldnt want to release the Atrix and the Bionic close to one another in order to make sales, they arent going to care about what carrier sells which one. After reading all of that, I took a date and made a bet with my boyfriend that it would be released on June 21st. A tuesday, one day less than a year after Droid X was released, and four months after Atrix was released.
    Also it was my understanding that if its the end of Q2 it would be kinda a replacement for the Droid X. I know I'm waiting until these come out to switch.
    Trust me I have an Iphone.. I hate it!!!!! There are times that I just want to smash it, when I get a Bionic then I can. LOL
    So sick of AT & T, I just want out.
    Now I also read an article where the guy said the date will be around April 21st.
    But that can't be right, through all my pathetic reasearch Motorola only releases on Tuesdays?
    I am waiting on the edge of my seat for it.
    I have read what Black Man X wrote, I understand MOST of it, however not all of it. After I had read all of the info that has come out, needless to say. I called off the bet. LOL
    Hope that the first part of it helps, the rest is just my rant! LOL
  17. trailblazen

trailblazen New Member

+1

crafty underhanded sales tactic. Ol boy was working real hard for his commission check.
  18. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Maybe he was confused....the Atrix is suposedly coming to VZW in Q4. I dunno...store reps know less than anyone it seems.

Sent from somewhere...
  19. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel Active Member

The X2 is going to be the replacement for the X actually and phones are usually released on Thursdays, at least with Verizon anyway.
  20. Goddesslisa

Goddesslisa New Member

Thank you! I was misinformed that they were released only on Tuesdays!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

droid x logic board