Bionic Issues and Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
I just spoke with a Verizon rep about the Bionic and he had some interesting things to say.

The Bionic may not even be released until the 4th Quarter possibly even next year! They are apparently having heat issues with the processor. He said they are obviously not going to release a phone until those kind of issues are fixed.

It makes me wonder though, because the Atrix has the same processor. Unless the issue is LTE in combination with the processor being that AT&T hasn't enabled 4G on the Atrix yet.

In light of this information, I think I'm going to just get the Thunderbolt with the extended battery. I've never had an HTC phone, but it's fast, rooted, and there are even custom roms already! Maybe by the time I'm eligible for my next upgrade, dual core will be more refined and worth it.

Reaction score
So those rumors of early next month (including insider blog poem/posts) are supposedly false too?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This is untrue. Heat issues have already been fixed.

Droid--->ether--->this thread

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
That is not true at all. My Contact Mention April, The Panda mentioned After Passover, and also Verizon Rep told me April.

vzdroid13

Reaction score
Well the ceo of motorola said end of q2, so sometime in june. If it were going to come on april, I would have waited and not got the thunderbolt.

sent from my Thunderbolt

Reaction score
Yeah but they ORIGINALLY said early Q2... plus what do CEOs know these days? Its all about the inside guys hahaha :p

OP
sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
I'm just putting out there what i was told. I sure hope nobody is saying that I'm being un-truthful.

I would like to believe that it'll be out next month issue free and unlockable, but I'm skeptical.

He said he heard that it would be in q4 now from someone at Motorola. I guess it just comes down to who you believe (or want to believe). There's rumors with both extremes out there. All we can really do is wait and see.

Sent from my Droid running whatever ROM and Kernel I chose to use today...

MarkO

Reaction score
Who really knows. Just because you spoke with someone from Verizon doesn't mean squat. My wife runs one of the main switches in the area and I know more about the upcoming phones than she does. I've spoken with the tech's in her office and they really either don't care or don't know what the status is on every phone.
The fact that the Atrix has been out for a little while and the Thunderbolt is running on LTE speaks volumes. I believe it's safe to assume we're looking at a mid to late April debut. If not, it won't be much later. I seriously doubt 4th quarter.

MatchesMalone

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is questioning your integrity. It sounds like the rep wants to make a sale today instead of waiting for his commission check.

It is curious that the Moto Bionic hasn't reared its head this week at CTIA....

Reaction score
Lol I was thinking that same thing on the Rep trying to sell now in stead of waiting.... the crappier phone you buy now (not saying the TB is crappy) the sooner you feel the need to upgrade....

illmatic636

Reaction score
This is a very misleading title.

I think your letting your Verizon contact talk you into a new 2 year. And almost convincing yourself to get the TB. Go for it!
But the fact that it's twin (Atrix) operates w/o the heat issue should draw up a red flag.

unsubscribe

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I don't think anyone is questioning your integrity. It sounds like the rep wants to make a sale today instead of waiting for his commission check.

It is curious that the Moto Bionic hasn't reared its head this week at CTIA....

I think the samething. He was after a TB sale...

Status
Not open for further replies.