Bionic is non responsive when plugged into PC

Tehroar

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First Post.

I did a search and could not find anything on this issue. I have had two Bionics with the same problem. When I plug my Bionic into my computer the Bionic be becomes non responsive to any touch. I cannot unlock the phone, change the PC setting to Charge only or mass storage. I have looked in other locations on the internet and no one has talked about this issue.

I had to get a replacement Bionic because it fell out of my pocket and the screen shattered. Both Bionics have had this same issue.

Thanks in advance.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I must admit, I cannot say that I've heard that one yet? Unless its trying to
Communicate with it and locked up in comm... If you 3key your PC does it show not responding?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums:) Are you using the correct USB adapter?

OP
T

Tehroar

Reaction score
I am using the USB cable from the box. I have many many other mico USB cables and the ones I tried did the same thing. I was able to root it still and able to move data to and from the Mass storage. I am able to control the phone from Bluetooth. I am also still able to get text messages and phone calls. It is like the touch screen gets disabled or something when it gets plugged in.

BTW Windows 7 32bit. If that matters.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm, since you're rooted I take it you have the correct Motorola drivers installed? Weird issue indeed, I had no problems at all. Also, your USB debugging mode is turned on?

OP
T

Tehroar

Reaction score
Hmm, since you're rooted I take it you have the correct Motorola drivers installed? Weird issue indeed, I had no problems at all. Also, your USB debugging mode is turned on?

Yup of course it is on :biggrin:.

And this issue on my desktop and laptop. . I found it weird too.

traceyjo

Reaction score
pc and bionic

Hey guys,

BIONIC AND PC PROBLEMS...
I found that the USB cable MUST be for the Bionic. No other USB cord will work. (I know, crazy right?) If you use the USB the Bionic came with it will work!

Mer2112

Reaction score
I've used 2 different non Motorola USB cables on my Bionic so far and no issues at all. The original one is still in the box. I'm pretty sure USB is USB. It shouldn't matter who the manufacturer of the cable is unless you just got a bad cable.