Bionic HELP (SD Card & MyBackup Pro) Non-Rooted

SEGA

Reaction score
Ok sorry but just got the Bionic and I'm having some issues:

SD Card:

I have 16gig SD Card installed that reads Total Space 14.89 & Available Space 14.89 and thats fine,

but.... I put over 7 gigs of photos and videos from my Thunderbolts DCIM folder onto the card but it's available size has not changed?

So I reformatted the phone and started a-new, even SD card was formatted, but it still shows 14.89 total and 14.89 available?

I moved GTA3 game to the SD card but the available has not changed?

Also after adding photos to SD card and going to view photos by "Timeline" it shows photos starting Dec 1945???? and then goes to Jan 2010?

MyBackUp Pro:

I backed up everything from my Thunderbolt, contacts, sms, phone calls etc..

and everything was installed correctly with the exception of Contacts.

After contacts are restored onto my Bionic from Thunderbolt my Bionic WILL NOT connect to 3G or 4G.

I went to Verizon and they gave me 2 different Sim cards that did nothing until they reformatted the phone, then everything worked.

I instantly knew it was mybackuppro, but I did not know what option caused the problem.

so after some tests I found out it was when I backed up my contacts is when I lost 3/4G. Is this because HTC and their link contacts feature not working on Moto phones? is there a workaround?

Note: Under some of the contacts information of friends it shows text: "HTC=[blablabla=HTC/blablabla=]HTC.

I really appreciate the help, I've reformatted my phone & SD card 4 times to try and fix this problem....

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok sorry but just got the Bionic and I'm having some issues:

SD Card:

I have 16gig SD Card installed that reads Total Space 14.89 & Available Space 14.89 and thats fine,

but.... I put over 7 gigs of photos and videos from my Thunderbolts DCIM folder onto the card but it's available size has not changed?

So I reformatted the phone and started a-new, even SD card was formatted, but it still shows 14.89 total and 14.89 available?

I really appreciate the help, I've reformatted my phone & SD card 4 times to try and fix this problem....

There's actually two SD cards in the Bionic. One is non removable and has been partitioned into 4GB for the OS and whatnot, 4GB for the Apps and 8GB in what's known as the Media Area. The other SD card is removable and is know as SD-EXT. I'm guessing you're putting the stuff in the Media Area and not SD-EXT.

When you connect your Bionic to your PC (and USB Debugging is checked by going to Settings>Applications>Development) you should see MOT (the internal SD card) and Removable Hard Drive. The latter is SD-EXT.

Last edited:
OP
SEGA

SEGA

Reaction score
There's actually two SD cards in the Bionic. One is non removable and has been partitioned into 4GB for the OS and whatnot, 4GB for the Apps and 8GB in what's known as the Media Area. The other SD card is removable and is know as SD-EXT. I'm guessing you're putting the stuff in the Media Area and not SD-EXT.

When you connect your Bionic to your PC (and USB Debugging is checked by going to Settings>Applications>Development) you should see MOT (the internal SD card) and Removable Hard Drive. The latter is SD-EXT.

Ok got it, now showing the correct memory usage. Thank You.

Now I have an Extended Battery issue as it's not displaying the correct power left.

Under battery info or ZDBox icon it reads 50% left of charge, but the green battery icon shows at least 70% Green

The battery is brand new from Verizon.

Update: I guess some phones only display drain in 10% increments, did not know that.

Last edited: