Bionic Google Now

rcblate

Reaction score
This seems like a good app, but not so much for a stock bionic. Every time I attempt to use it, it takes forever and I usually end up closing out of it.

Jb seems to be a good version of the is, bit may e too much too late for bionic. Can't wait for upgrade day in 10 days.

I've been on vzw for almost 4 years and have gone through storm, storm 2 and bionic. I am ready for a phone that just works! Any suggestions......

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Be well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
-If you want an Android device: RAZR MAXX (HD or not) and Galaxy S3 are all top notch when it comes to stability and decent battery life.

-If you are not tied to an OS the iPhone 4s is extremely stable, the 5 is a marginal improvement with a significant price increase.

-Honorable mention: Current generation HTC devices have high performance and they are inexpensive. But you will sacrifice some stability and battery life.

donzz

Reaction score
Hmm, that's one thing that works great on my Bionic. Battery life started off great then went to crap. Oh well, I am now eligible for a new phone but undecided at which one I want. I have only owned Moto smart phones and was excited for the X phone but recent rumors have calmed that.

OP
R

rcblate

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I would do iPhone tomorrow, bit can't talk and surf unless on WiFi. Art has been awful where I live. Hopeful that 5s stands for svdo!

Played w/blackBerry z10. Pretty cool actually. Used reviews on art and vzw are really positive. Think I g about that as well.

cybric

Reaction score
I see that Verizon is offering the DNA free for a few days. I love my bionic but the DNA may be a nice upgrade considering the price.

OP
R

rcblate

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the DNA. I don't know anything about the phone, but will look into it.

Have a nice day.

wcjeep

Reaction score
Have you tried a factory reset on the Bionic. Coworker with the Bionic and JB has no problem with Google Now. Her phone has very little loaded on the phone.

tyseft163

Reaction score
This seems like a good app, but not so much for a stock bionic. Every time I attempt to use it, it takes forever and I usually end up closing out of it.

Jb seems to be a good version of the is, bit may e too much too late for bionic. Can't wait for upgrade day in 10 days.

I've been on vzw for almost 4 years and have gone through storm, storm 2 and bionic. I am ready for a phone that just works! Any suggestions......

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Be well.

I have same problem with Google Now and Search. I can live without the gimmick Google Now (since i didn't have it on bionic before JB), but having this kind of lag on Search is maddening. I find a little improvement after clearing cache for the Google Search app, but not always. I've done two FDRs, and I clear device cache through stock recovery daily. I'm getting impatient with this phone. Used to like it much more on ICS with root.

OP
R

rcblate

Reaction score
Independence day has arrived! Upgrade day is here. What to do, what to do, what to do?

OP
R

rcblate

Reaction score
I am not sure there is a next real device!

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
In my opinion you can't go wrong with any current devices. (Unless you pick an HTC.)

tyseft163

Reaction score
getting back on topic, but regarding the Google Now widget for BIONIC

i recently stopped using the Weather Channel widget (and uninstalled the app) and noticed my BIONIC doesn't lock up as often as before. Google Now is working better too, after following some advice on the forums. So, i see there's a Google Now widget in my drawer, and it displays weather pretty nicely as a substitute for TWC app. But, when i put it on a home page, it won't let me put anything else up there. Is there no way to lock it to 4x2? so i can add it to my home page with other apps/shortcuts?