Bionic global phone update?

hts4215

Reaction score
I wonder what this really means? I didn't think the chipset in the bionic supported global roaming.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I never thought that the RAZR /maxx would be global either. Apparently there's supposed to be a global setup deep inside.....

Getting my screw driver and a pen torch..... let's open er up!!!!

Lmao.. yeah, not gonna happen.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
WAY back when the Razr was first announced, FCC docs for the DROID razr stated it had GSM capabilities. It was a buzz for a bit (the the GNEX killed it), and no one really asked about it again. Then the ReZound GSM radios got activated (community), and vzw stated at CES that the D4 and Spectrum where world phones.

This got people wondering if other LTE devices were world phones also. Since oddly enough the FCC docs for the ReZound make no mention of GSM radios.

striker85

Reaction score
I thought LTE works on a GSM system. The phones may not support every frequency but they can communicate in GSM.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
tjk629 said:
WAY back when the Razr was first announced, FCC docs for the DROID razr stated it had GSM capabilities. It was a buzz for a bit (the the GNEX killed it), and no one really asked about it again. Then the ReZound GSM radios got activated (community), and vzw stated at CES that the D4 and Spectrum where world phones.

This got people wondering if other LTE devices were world phones also. Since oddly enough the FCC docs for the ReZound make no mention of GSM radios.

This I didn't know... that's why I love this site... so much knowledge. Great if you love to learn!!.

Now why couldn't I have been this interested in learning when i was in school?? :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
jhom

jhom

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the hack works with GSM in Italy?

Last edited:

ka1z0ku

Reaction score
I never thought that the RAZR /maxx would be global either. Apparently there's supposed to be a global setup deep inside.....

Getting my screw driver and a pen torch..... let's open er up!!!!

Lmao.. yeah, not gonna happen.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Its not that deep. Its the default setting in RAZR ICS roms. View attachment 50324

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

hts4215

Reaction score
Tried this last week in Sweden with a prepaid sim from a local carrier and the Bionic worked just fine for calls.