Bionic Gallery

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
When I first set up my Bionic, my Facebook and Picasa pics synced to my gallery. They opened lightning fast, and i was loving it. After a few days the online folders would not open. I looked through every sync setting that I can find in the Gallery and within the apps. A few days later my fb pics started opening again all by themselves, but the Picasa still do not.

Where do I need to look to get the Picasa sync back?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm new to the Bionic too and I do not use Picasa, but wouldn't it be Gallery/Menu/Online and then add Picasa? Good luck.

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I must not communicate well. I am not asking how to add Picasa. Picasa synced to my gallery when I first set up my phone. Everything was great. Now the thumb nails are there for all of my Picasa on-line folders, but they will not open. Following either path suggested from Bayou and Shadez get you to the same point. So I had a thought, delete and reinstall the pairing of Picasa. When I click "Remove Account" I get an "Error has occurred, try again"

Any other ideas?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I must not communicate well. I am not asking how to add Picasa. Picasa synced to my gallery when I first set up my phone. Everything was great. Now the thumb nails are there for all of my Picasa on-line folders, but they will not open. Following either path suggested from Bayou and Shadez get you to the same point. So I had a thought, delete and reinstall the pairing of Picasa. When I click "Remove Account" I get an "Error has occurred, try again"

Any other ideas?

I think the next thing I would try is to do the following: Menu/Settings/Applications/Manager Applications/All/Gallery/Clear Data. I've never had to do this with the Gallery, but I've done with both the Gmail app and the Market. When done to those apps, it takes a few minutes for the apps to get right again, but they both recovered and worked right.

Good luck.

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Everything is gone. Nothing is coming back after an hour or so

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Still nada in the online gallery. Bump for more eyes

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Still nada in the online gallery. Bump for more eyes

When in the Gallery and you press menu/settings/Quick Upload for Pictures/ does is picasa listed there? If not click on Add Account and add it there.

Good luck. BTW, you may have a Factory Hard Reset in your future. :eek:hmy:

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
When in the Gallery and you press menu/settings/Quick Upload for Pictures/ does is picasa listed there? If not click on Add Account and add it there.

Good luck. BTW, you may have a Factory Hard Reset in your future. :eek:hmy:

Picasa and Facebook are there, but still no online pics in the gallery.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Picasa and Facebook are there, but still no online pics in the gallery.

One of two options (IMHO): 1. Factory Hard Reset and/or 2. Take it to a Verizon store and see what they can do. If they can't fix it, get a new phone.

Good luck.

joey301

Reaction score
looks like Gallery has a problem

Any other ideas?

This is exactly what mine is doing now. The other thing I have...very many instances of a lost 4G network. It just falls out every once in awhile, no matter where I am at. Very disappointing.

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
This is exactly what mine is doing now. The other thing I have...very many instances of a lost 4G network. It just falls out every once in awhile, no matter where I am at. Very disappointing.

If you figure out how to correct the issue, post it. I will do the same

Fytech

Reaction score
Same issue here

Same exact thing going on with my phone. I've removed the facebook and picasa accounts and when I try to add them back, the progress bar never finishes "updating services". Did clearing the gallery data work? I'll try that.

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Wow Fytech, found an old thread. I never have figured this out. I have not tried the factory reset, but nothing else listed in this thread worked for me. I would still love an answer