Bionic, extended battery, and cases...

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by k1ngr4t, Sep 15, 2011.

1. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Well-Known Member

I can't find too much information on it so I thought I'd try a more direct source. Anyone have an experience with a case that did/did not fit your Bionic with the extended battery?

Even though I don't REALLY need it right now, a $25 extended battery is a great deal, but a case is very important to me (though I don't like hard cases). But I'm wondering if my current silicone case would still fit? Also might be useful for others to know about other cases as well so if you have any leads on anything...feel free.
  2. Dougw133

Dougw133 New Member

Extended battery gave phone a better feel in my hand. Its also lasting much longer as it should. This is my first day with the hard case its ok. Its a little big but I have small hands. Fits perfectly with extended battery

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  3. MacDuffie

MacDuffie New Member

I'm also interested in finding out how the phone/case fits in the car mount or HD Dock with an extended battery. My guess is that it won't.
  4. k1ngr4t

Some stuff I DID come across was that they should fit since it has a slide out or something (don't know much about docks). It does fit the shell/holster combo so...if that helps at all.
  5. k1ngr4t

Just an update, mostly for people with this question who google search and can't find anything....

Extended battery does NOT fit the silicone rubber case that's currently out. I bought one today and it just can't quite wrap around the sides. Shame. But I hear the holster/shell combo does support it if you want a hard case. Hope this helps some poor soul who can't find anything else. I can't be the only one wondering this...
  6. MacDuffie

MacDuffie New Member

Ah... I have the shell/holster case. Looking at the back of it, there is extra space I didn't even notice before - and both the HD Dock and the Car Mount work with my case on, so that answers my question! :) Thanks, k1ngr45!
  7. mikespe

mikespe New Member

Where did you find the extended battery for $25?
  8. tmc

tmc New Member

Through Verizon Online. It shows $49.99 and says nothing about a discount. But once you hit checkout, it shows 50% off in the cart.
  9. k1ngr4t

fixed. No problem dancedroid

And you can get the battery discount at pretty much any Verizon corporate store or by going to Verizon Wireless Search Results.

And apparently you have to do it through that link or else the discount won't be applied. I actually won't even be using it till the right case comes out, but that's a pretty damn good deal.
  10. MacDuffie

MacDuffie New Member

Honestly, I don't see I would have a need for extended battery. When I use the phone during the day, I am on the road and it sits in the car mount and charges. I charge it over night, and I can charge it at my desk at home also. But I thank you for the links anyhow, and I'm sure others will find it useful.
  11. bigkhan

bigkhan New Member

I have one of the hard cases, the one with a kick stand on the back that slides into a holster. and it fits fine with the extended battery. By the way they gave me my extended battery for free when I bought my phone.
  12. chefb

chefb Member

what car mount are you using?.. did it come with a charger?
  13. MacDuffie

MacDuffie New Member

How cool is that? :)
  14. MacDuffie

MacDuffie New Member

Hi Chefb, It's the "Droid Bionic Vehicle Navigation Dock." It did not come with the charger, that came as part of an accessories pack I bought which had the car charger, screen protector and case (I chose the hard one with the kick stand). However the charger plugs into the back of the vehicle mount.
  15. mikespe

mikespe New Member

It only shows my 19% corp discount? I don't have a 50% discount? I wonder if it's regional?
  16. smacks

smacks New Member

Just ordered the extended battery through Verizon's website today. Here is what I found that might be helpful to some. Do not sign in to your verizon account. When you do it will give you your corporate discount (if you have one) instead of the special half off price when you add it to the cart. When I am signed in it would show all the accessories at 25% off. When I logged out and went back in it would be 49.99 and then when I added it to my cart it shows up as half off deal of 24.99. Also the official Verizon case which is called the - Shell/Holster Combo with Kickstand - case works with the extended battery and multimedia station. Says so right on the front of the box. This cases is 29.99 and as of right now sold out on their website. I really like this case. I was looking for something where I wouldn't have to keep taking the phone out of the case to switch it from the HD station to the Vehicle Navigation Dock. This case is compatible with both of those plus hides the extended battery perfectly. The batteries at half off are a steal.
  17. voodoodaddy

voodoodaddy New Member

I have the otter box commuter I think it is. Has a rubber sleeve and then a hard plastic case that snaps over that. would the extended battery work with that?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  18. mandragora

mandragora New Member

Make sure you are not logged in. I had the same problem. Just ordered the battery this morning.
  19. joey301

joey301 New Member

extended battery and nav dock

Will the extended battery on the phone still fit in the navigation dock? It works fine with my normal dock. I want the nav dock but want to make sure it still fits.

Thx
  20. ConqSoft

ConqSoft New Member

Yes, all Moto docks work fine with either battery.
Search tags for this page
bionic extended case
driod bionic extended battery cover
droid bionic

droid bionic case for extended battery

droid bionic cases for extended battery

droid bionic extended battery case

droid bionic extended battery case silicone
droid bionic extended battery cover
droid bionic extended battery silicone case
hard phone case droid bionic with extended battery
motorola bionic for extended battery cases for verizon