Bionic, extended battery, and cases...

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I can't find too much information on it so I thought I'd try a more direct source. Anyone have an experience with a case that did/did not fit your Bionic with the extended battery?

Even though I don't REALLY need it right now, a $25 extended battery is a great deal, but a case is very important to me (though I don't like hard cases). But I'm wondering if my current silicone case would still fit? Also might be useful for others to know about other cases as well so if you have any leads on anything...feel free.

Dougw133

Reaction score
Extended battery gave phone a better feel in my hand. Its also lasting much longer as it should. This is my first day with the hard case its ok. Its a little big but I have small hands. Fits perfectly with extended battery

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

MacDuffie

Reaction score
I'm also interested in finding out how the phone/case fits in the car mount or HD Dock with an extended battery. My guess is that it won't.

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I'm also interested in finding out how the phone/case fits in the car mount or HD Dock with an extended battery. My guess is that it won't.

Some stuff I DID come across was that they should fit since it has a slide out or something (don't know much about docks). It does fit the shell/holster combo so...if that helps at all.

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Just an update, mostly for people with this question who google search and can't find anything....

Extended battery does NOT fit the silicone rubber case that's currently out. I bought one today and it just can't quite wrap around the sides. Shame. But I hear the holster/shell combo does support it if you want a hard case. Hope this helps some poor soul who can't find anything else. I can't be the only one wondering this...

MacDuffie

Reaction score
Ah... I have the shell/holster case. Looking at the back of it, there is extra space I didn't even notice before - and both the HD Dock and the Car Mount work with my case on, so that answers my question! :) Thanks, k1ngr45!

mikespe

Reaction score
I can't find too much information on it so I thought I'd try a more direct source. Anyone have an experience with a case that did/did not fit your Bionic with the extended battery?

Even though I don't REALLY need it right now, a $25 extended battery is a great deal, but a case is very important to me (though I don't like hard cases). But I'm wondering if my current silicone case would still fit? Also might be useful for others to know about other cases as well so if you have any leads on anything...feel free.

Where did you find the extended battery for $25?

tmc

Reaction score
Through Verizon Online. It shows $49.99 and says nothing about a discount. But once you hit checkout, it shows 50% off in the cart.

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Ah... I have the shell/holster case. Looking at the back of it, there is extra space I didn't even notice before - and both the HD Dock and the Car Mount work with my case on, so that answers my question! :) Thanks, k1ngr4t!

fixed. No problem dancedroid

And you can get the battery discount at pretty much any Verizon corporate store or by going to Verizon Wireless Search Results.

And apparently you have to do it through that link or else the discount won't be applied. I actually won't even be using it till the right case comes out, but that's a pretty damn good deal.

MacDuffie

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't see I would have a need for extended battery. When I use the phone during the day, I am on the road and it sits in the car mount and charges. I charge it over night, and I can charge it at my desk at home also. But I thank you for the links anyhow, and I'm sure others will find it useful.

bigkhan

Reaction score
I have one of the hard cases, the one with a kick stand on the back that slides into a holster. and it fits fine with the extended battery. By the way they gave me my extended battery for free when I bought my phone.

chefb

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't see I would have a need for extended battery. When I use the phone during the day, I am on the road and it sits in the car mount and charges. I charge it over night, and I can charge it at my desk at home also. But I thank you for the links anyhow, and I'm sure others will find it useful.

what car mount are you using?.. did it come with a charger?

MacDuffie

Reaction score
what car mount are you using?.. did it come with a charger?

Hi Chefb, It's the "Droid Bionic Vehicle Navigation Dock." It did not come with the charger, that came as part of an accessories pack I bought which had the car charger, screen protector and case (I chose the hard one with the kick stand). However the charger plugs into the back of the vehicle mount.

mikespe

Reaction score
Through Verizon Online. It shows $49.99 and says nothing about a discount. But once you hit checkout, it shows 50% off in the cart.

It only shows my 19% corp discount? I don't have a 50% discount? I wonder if it's regional?