Bionic ext. battery and door $24.99

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Took the plunge and got a Verizon extend battery. This 2760 mAh battery got 12 hours today. I believe I'm considered an average user, as in not a "I want all the data for no additional cost" person. Lol. I also set up as 3G since I really don't stream videos and downloads all day long. Hope to squeeze out a few more hours out of this battery. Now I have my 1760 mAh original stock battery, in use now, a 4000 mAh, and my Verizon 2760 mAh battery. I want to know how some of you are getting 2-3 days out of your extended batteries. My best is 31-32 hours out of my pig size 4000 mAh battery.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Juice Defender, which turns off your data connectivity when the screen is off, not having auto-sync enabled, no gps or bluetooth, etc etc :)

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Figured you'd have to tone down the phone inorder to get the hours. Hate that, cause you pay for the capabilities of the phone but can't use it. Well, might as well use my easy battery saver ap and go super conservative and see what I get. Bye bye auto brightness, data pushes and all the other juice sucking capabilities. Let's see what I get. I don't do the root stuff yet.

dautley

Reaction score
I just ordered one of these: NEW 4000mAh extended battery Motorola Droid Bionic Targa 4G XT875 + Back Cover | eBay

It's 4000 mAh, compared to the 2760 mAh battery that Verizon is selling and costs $10.19, compared to $24.99.

If it doesn't work, I'm out $10.19.

Let us know how it works out, I was looking as some reviews of cheap 3rd party extended batteries on Amazon and some users were reporting they weren't lasting any longer than the OEM stock battery.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
dautley said:
Let us know how it works out, I was looking as some reviews of cheap 3rd party extended batteries on Amazon and some users were reporting they weren't lasting any longer than the OEM stock battery.

He did, earlier in this thread. In short, the first battery wasn't recognized by the phone so he returned it. The replacement worked.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
Yea, I have a non oem extended battery and it's been great. Everything turned on to performance mode and lasting around 30 hours. I think most people see the battery indicator go to 1% the same as oem battery and think it doesn't work. If you just run your phone past 1% it'll run for another 20 hours or so.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Figured you'd have to tone down the phone inorder to get the hours. Hate that, cause you pay for the capabilities of the phone but can't use it. Well, might as well use my easy battery saver ap and go super conservative and see what I get. Bye bye auto brightness, data pushes and all the other juice sucking capabilities. Let's see what I get. I don't do the root stuff yet.

There was a thread of how to gain the maximum hours and it basically told you to turn everything off unless you needed it. I looked at the list and figured the first thing was to get a phone that didn't have the things you needed to turn off. I have Juice Defender, which seems to work better for me on the Bionic than on the OG Droid. I have live wallpaper, 4G, no big updating widgets (like Facebook or news) and get 21+ hours. I charge at night so there's no real need for more (for me). I have WiFi turned off, but that's because I don't have it at home or where I go and I hate to have it ask at places like McDonalds as the "free" WiFi I encounter is crippled.

Yea, I have a non oem extended battery and it's been great. Everything turned on to performance mode and lasting around 30 hours. I think most people see the battery indicator go to 1% the same as oem battery and think it doesn't work. If you just run your phone past 1% it'll run for another 20 hours or so.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

On my OG Droid I had the Seidio extended battery and I used the Battery Left widget. It wasn't accurate for percentage, so I used the mV info. If it was 4200mV the battery was full and at 3500mV I needed to charge.

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Battery usage update

Well, I got the pig size battery up to 37 hours so not bad I guess. Slapped in my 2760 yesterday at 5;30pm, after the death of the pig one. Was still working going strong after 6:30 tonight, with about 20% remaining. Picked up the $50 bionic lapdock today and started playing around so it puts the bionic back in the charging stage thus not getting a final count on battery life. So it looks like the Verizon extended battery is a good pick up if you still want the slim style. I used the bionic's battery management program at the highest battery savings setting. Lovin' my lapdock.