Bionic ext. battery and door $24.99

Reaction score
I got one of those ebay 4000 battery a while ago for 9.99.
Works great. Unplug at 6AM, still going at bedtime after 10PM.
Left unplugged once and was still going after 4AM and finally killed it about an hour later. Battery monitors don't calibrate correctly but I know I'm near the end at 3000mv. Beats 6-7 hours on standard battery. Going to check on that Verizon 25 dollar special for a more slimmer battery, than this 4000 brick.
Do you get the "Invalid battery" message with that battery?

Does the charging light on the phone come on when you plug it in?

Thanks.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you get the "Invalid battery" message with that battery?

Does the charging light on the phone come on when you plug it in?

Thanks.

No invalid battery message, and my charging icon lights up when plugged in.

It may be that you got a bad battery. Given the price, there may not be much quality control.

Reaction score
It may be that you got a bad battery. Given the price, there may not be much quality control.
That's a good possibility.

I have had the phone running off that battery for over 24 hours now. When it shuts down I'll see whether it really doesn't charge when plugged in.

Reaction score
Won't charge

Once this eBay battery was discharged, it will not charge in the phone. When I plug in the phone, I get an icon of a battery with a question mark in it.

I have contacted the seller for a refund.

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Just drained this puppy till dead.
Battery history shows 1day 7 hours. This includes my sleep time.
Not bad for 9.99.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, I can vouch for non-OEM extended batteries that work - but don't calibrate. My 3800mAh battery will last for 2 full days - but for the entire second day it will read "1% remaining" and the red light will be blinking. After trying about 10 different ways to calibrate it, I finally gave up. The only downside is that I can't tell when there REALLY IS only 1% remaining, so it will shut down without warning.

I wonder if the battery capacities for the standard and extended are hardcoded into the OS somewhere? Maybe it simply gets confused because these batteries have so much more capacity than the stock/OEM extended ones do.

Reaction score
Replacement coming

I contacted the eBay vendor of the battery that won't charge.

Got a reply today:

Sorry to hear that! We will send out a new battery today please save the
extended door cover to use with the replacement battery we are sending.
Thanks!
Regards
The YN4Less Team

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the battery capacities for the standard and extended are hardcoded into the OS somewhere? Maybe it simply gets confused because these batteries have so much more capacity than the stock/OEM extended ones do.

It may be that, like putting in a larger fuel tank and still using the original sending unit. The float is down as far as it can go while the tank still has fuel in it.

When I had the OG Droid I had the Seidio extended battery and I was told to plug the phone in long before it needed to. As I mentioned, I used the Battery Left widget, but even though it had an option for the Seidio extended battery, it didn't work. I had to use the mV reading on the widget instead.

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Monitoring the mV seems to be the only way to know when you are out of charge. 3000mV seems to be my magic number after 32 hours. Cheap battery, free monitoring app, can't complain. Run this baby full bore, use standard power save app and use 4G. Slightly slimmer battery would be nice. Verizon 25 buck battery is tempting .

walkerstempe

Reaction score
I've been working this battery and it seems like the 1 day+ hours happens when I stay on 3g. Did a 4g test run yesterday and lasted only 18 hours.

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
I just got a non oem battery and it doesn't calibrate either. Yesterday I decided to just let it go full bore and ran tethered all night and made it 17 hours before I went to bed and plugged it in. Dont know how much longer it would have gone but definitely sucks it won't calibrate. But I do like the fact it will last longer than 4 hours now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reaction score
New battery works

I'm the guy who bought the 4000 mAh battery with cover for $10.19 on eBay. The first battery they sent me wouldn't charge. I emailed the vendor, and they immediately mailed me a replacement battery.

I installed it yesterday (without charging it first) and ran it all day with Pandora and Google Maps running, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on. The OEM battery indicator seemed to accurately reflect the declining state of charge, as did the Battery Left app. It was at 30% when I went to bed last night.

I charged it overnight, and it was reading 100% charged this morning.

This one seems to work as advertised.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The OEM battery indicator seemed to accurately reflect the declining state of charge, as did the Battery Left app. It was at 30% when I went to bed last night.

I charged it overnight, and it was reading 100% charged this morning.

This one seems to work as advertised.

If the percentage on the OEM battery indicator is accurate, then I suggest (recommended by FoxKat) the Bada$$ Battery Monitor (substitute 'ss' for '$$'). It sits on the Notification Bar and when you pull the bar down, it gives voltage, battery temperature and time left. When you press that, it brings up a lot more information.

One thing to remember; extended batteries need to be charged longer than the stock battery. Overnight charging works for me.

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
Well my battery lasted 30 hours before the phone shut off. Of course was at 1% for 25 of those hours. Charging all the way back to full now and hopefully battery left app will work.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk