BIONIC dropped from VZW smartphone order page

sfcascooter

Reaction score
The BIONIC had been showing up at $99 at the bottom of the page with a "not available" type banner. Now it is gone completely. May head over to Costco tonight to use my last upgrade before June 28th so as to have a back-up BIONIC -- they have it for $99 with an extra battery charger dock and battery.

markwebb

Reaction score
You can see the Droid bionic's screen in bright daylight (including on the beach) and it is less bulky. :)

OP
sfcascooter

sfcascooter

Reaction score
Why not get the rezound for $80 as a backup?

I already did that. I had 3 upgrades for the 3 dumb phones on my acct -- Rezound at $80 for one (should come tomorrow), a back-up Bionic at $99 for another (love the screen outdoors) and trying to decide on what to do with the last one before the 28th (don't want to mess up the grandfathered unlimited data). Wishing the Incredible 4G would land before then, or considering buying and flipping an iPhone on craigslist.....

OP
sfcascooter

sfcascooter

Reaction score
Moto people don't do htc.

One area I am in a lot has no LTE -- but the Rezound (and the T'bolt) can do voice and data simultaneously on 3G -- so I will pop my BIONIC's SIM in the Rezound when I am there.

racer24

Reaction score
Bionic and T-bolt are 50-50. Pay $50/$50 rebate. = Free..sort of + $25 for the sim card.

markwebb

Reaction score
racer24 said:
Bionic and T-bolt are 50-50. Pay $50/$50 rebate. = Free..sort of + $25 for the sim card.

Bionic over the T·bolt any day!

jwilly216

Reaction score
racer24 said:

Isn't there a new $30 "upgrade"fee

brianjr1

Reaction score
Isn't there a new $30 "upgrade"fee

Yeah... Plus there isn't a fee for a sim card if you go to a corporate store. So it's basically 30 bucks to upgrade after the rebate, which is a phenomenal price for the Bionic. Anyone who insists on buying the newest and greatest phones when there are competitive phones only a generation or so old for practically free confuses me :blink:

jwilly216

Reaction score
brianjr1 said:
Yeah... Plus there isn't a fee for a sim card if you go to a corporate store. So it's basically 30 bucks to upgrade after the rebate, which is a phenomenal price for the Bionic. Anyone who insists on buying the newest and greatest phones when there are competitive phones only a generation or so old for practically free confuses me :blink:

Shoot, for $30 I'm just gonna get one as a backup since it's cheaper than insurance