Bionic doesn't always ring

steelman52

Reaction score
My Bionic doesn't always ring, and sometimes it will give a short half ring and then be silent, I take it from my pocket and open the screen and I will have someone on the line. Anyone else having this happen? This is coupled with occasional black screen that requires a battery pull to bring it back to life, and loss of 3G network connectivity constantly. I'm not in a 4G area and I have tried switching to 3G only in the settings with no difference in loss of network. I got the phone on the 8th and so I have until tomorrow to decide if I should return it. I called Motorola to see if I could get some reassurance that these issues would be resolved, but got no real answers from the support rep. I've had Motorola phones for many years and have always been hapy with them, but this one worries me. Does anyone think these issues can be addressed with updates, in a timely manner, or should I take the phone back to Verizon and wait for the rumored Nexus Prime and switch teams.

Palmyra

Reaction score
Return it ASAP. While I live in a 4G area i have taken several trips outside the area and never have had a problem with 3G areas. In fact I find the Bionic to be a better receiver than my OG Droid. I volunteer with an organization that has its headquarters in a steel frame building. With the OG i could never get a signal, phone or 3G, inside. With the Bionic I get phone, 4G in some areas and, 3G in the rest.

homesick

Reaction score
im having the same problems but not as often. i will lose data completely and then about 5 mins later it will return. and my phone sometimes does not ring or vibrate properly.

OP
steelman52

steelman52

Reaction score
Good news! I returned the Bionic I was having all the problems with to the Verizon store and they gave me another one with no hassle at all. I've had the new one for 2 days now and it is working flawlessly! I must have gotten a lemon the first time...I take back all the mean and nasty things I was saying about Bionic before! I really like the phone now! :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums