Bionic, D3 or DX2?

kdw11005

Reaction score
I had a DX (which I loved) and upgraded to a Thunderbolt (hate, hate, hate this phone!). I had the original moto droid and like I said DX & I believe it's motorola for me all the way, but my question is which phone to get next? I honestly don't know the difference between the DX & the DX2 & now I'm reading about the bionic & D3. 4G isn't a big deal to me since it won't be in my area for at least another year. Can someone help me simplify this please?

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
If you won't be getting 4G for a while, I would try the Droid 3.
It has a great 5 row keyboard, and looks awesome.

It doesn't have 4G, but that won't matter to you for a while.

Detonation

Reaction score
1. Bionic
2. D3
3. DX2

However if you care more about a keyboard, then put the D3 on top. Either way, I'd put the DX2 on the bottom...it may have a dual core and qHD screen, but its a pentile screen and its still running a [super buggy] Froyo version Blur. If you already had a DX, its not really worth the jump that much.

MelissAnnH

Reaction score
I too am having trouble choosing between the D3 and the Bionic. I love my Droid2 but really want a front facing camera to talk with my family and friends. AND i MUST have a keyboard.

Can SOMEONE PLEEEEASE :) confirm for me: Does the Bionic have a keyboard? I am SURE its somewhere over this forum board, but I see people saying yes AND no. AND Im at work and just spent 45 minutes surfing this board and getting sidetracked!! :) Thank you! :heart:

Maverick0984

Reaction score
I too am having trouble choosing between the D3 and the Bionic. I love my Droid2 but really want a front facing camera to talk with my family and friends. AND i MUST have a keyboard.

Can SOMEONE PLEEEEASE :) confirm for me: Does the Bionic have a keyboard? I am SURE its somewhere over this forum board, but I see people saying yes AND no. AND Im at work and just spent 45 minutes surfing this board and getting sidetracked!! :) Thank you! :heart:

Does the Bionic have a keyboard? It has a software touch keyboard like all smartphones nowadays but no, it doesn't have a nice slide out keyboard. You'll need the Droid 3 to get that.

Which I ordered this morning!!!@#!@# :D :D

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

No, it doesn't have a physical keyboard for all I know.

MelissAnnH

Reaction score
Ahhh thank you both very much! I have used my Swype and touchscreen, but I still prefer laying back in bed, sliding out my Qwerty and emailing and texting away. Just my personal preference. Decision made, D3 is for me.

Insidious

Reaction score
Im jealous Maverick! My Droid 2 has already crapped out on me and there's no way my parents will pay full price for a new phone for me! Plus my mom got the X2 and I've got something to compete with now Dx! Be sure to tell me how it is. :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2

Thought the D3 has a front cam?

grnidkjun

Reaction score
The d3 does have a front cam.
Bionic is supposed to as well.
d3 has the keyboard she wants as well so those two items point her to the D3.

OP
kdw11005

kdw11005

Reaction score
TB has a front cam, it's only good for taking crappy pictures tho. I do like the 4G when I'm in 4G areas and hate the slideout keyboard. I'm getting a bionic! Thanks for the help everyone!

B

Brucew0617

I still love 3G, I think 4G still need to grow up, maybe a few years later when I replace my mobilephone, I will choose 4G

jangee

Reaction score
I would start around 800 but am not convinced that you will get that much. Ebay is full of bargain hunters so you might want to advertise on.