Bionic custom roms.... something to think about

Llawen

Reaction score
I have the bionic... rooted and running custom roms, at present eclipse 2.0. If you are thinking about running custom roms, I must warn you of a couple issues.
First, the bionic has been all but abandoned by developers. Yes, there is a couple nice roms. But....if you need to get back to stock for any reason, good luck. I have looked for a month.... all links are dead. You will not find dhackers nor anyone elses program to get back to stock. I spoke with dhacker via twitter, all links are dead.
Secondly, yes custom roms are cool, but each one has its downside. No custom rom is perfect. And adding to the bionic being old news, it has been abandoned by the developers so no support for the roms. No updates. Fixes or just making them better. The developers have moved on to the latest greatest phones.
So, if you are thinking about flashing roms, you better take this into consideration. You will play hell to get back to stock. If it is even possible to find the links to do so. Why the developers pulled the links beats me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alot of the links were on file hosts that have been shut down and/or threatened by the feds. I know the links I had that worked a couple of weeks ago were all on Megaupload. Which has been shut down.

OP
Llawen

Llawen

Reaction score
Exactly, getting back to stock is near impossible. Unless you have the files already. If I ca get back to stock I would stay stock. I can't get 5.5.893 update. That's something else ...... no updates... you will be stuck.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can search around and see if I can find any working links for you, I am not busy at the moment. I'll check a couple of other sites, Mydroidworld MAY have P3's back-to-stock method hosted on their own servers since P3 is an admin over there. I am also a team member over there so I might be able to find something.

OP
Llawen

Llawen

Reaction score
Ok had to buy membership to get it. Worth. 10 bucks if it works.

OP
Llawen

Llawen

Reaction score
ok, worked like a charm. but....it sent me into boot loop, i ran it again from fastboot. i was still in boot loop. took battery out and rebooted into recovery, then boot as normal bam booted right up. lost root and was back at stock. i know weird. i finally found root and forever root. rerooted and forever rooted. thank you.