bionic constantly force closes market

setlab

Reaction score
It seems every 5 min or so I get a message saying the market encountered a unexpected error or soothing and it prompts me to forceclose it. My phone isn't rooted either, is anyone else having this problem too?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It seems every 5 min or so I get a message saying the market encountered a unexpected error or soothing and it prompts me to forceclose it. My phone isn't rooted either, is anyone else having this problem too?

Two things to try: 1) Menu/Settings/Manage Applications/All/Market/Clear Data. You will have to Accept the Terms again and the market will repopulate your "My Apps". If that doesn't help (and I don't think it will), try 2) Make sure you have Backup and Restore checked in the Privacy menu and then do a Factory Reset.

If that doesn't solve the issue, you could try going to a Verizon store and ask them to reflash the OS (Actually I don't even know if they still do that?). There's always the option of rooting and flashing a custom rom. But I would consider that as a last ditch effort and only if the phone isn't still in warranty. If it is in warranty and items one and two don't help, I'd have it replaced.

Good luck.