Bionic Cases, Skins, Nude?

kman79

Reaction score
Waiting on a silicone cover that fits the extended battery.

I'm waiting for a silicon cover or a hard case that fits with the extended battery.

I did order the Otterbox Commuter case today. Hoping it fits with the extended battery, my Droid X Commuter case was able to fit even with the extended battery, but the Bionic's extended battery is a good amount larger.

Spydaz

Reaction score
I am using the otterbox Defender case and its very nice. Best otterbox ive had on a phone. This is not like the ice cream sandwich otterbox on the iphone 4. This is much more sleeker.

And NO, ALL cases will not work with the extended battery. The only case that works with the extended battery is that crappy plastic holster case thing which sucks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

grrouchie

Reaction score
my OG was nude for years - looks a bit beat up but it looks like a mans phone.

Bionic does not feel as sturdy as the OG and I'm thinking maybe have to go with a case - but we'll see.

Smeech

Reaction score
I rocked the OG naked for the last 6 months...but I've got a verizon silicon sleeve on it right now til something comes out for the extended battery.

lstroyan

Reaction score
I want a DecalGirl skin, I think. I have one for my Sony E-Reader and it's gorgeous.

Psychlone

Reaction score
Incipio Bionic Double Cover.
View attachment 40065
Motorola DROID BIONIC Incipio Double Cover - Black from Verizon Wireless

I had the extreme displeasure of dropping my first Droid, the OG Droid, right on the upper right corner, completely disabling the power button and breaking the screen.
After that, I can't just run naked anymore... I'm not one of the guys that gets duped into the insurance - I mean, c'mon! Pay us $100 and get a REFURBISHED phone when yours breaks (and if you do the math, that $7 per month adds up to the rest of what you paid for the damn thing when it was brand-new!)

So, the Bionic Double Cover is perfect. Soft silicone sleeve inside the hard shell. It doesn't really add as much thickness as I first expected, certainly not as thick as my OG Droid with it's hard case, and didn't add much to the heft of the device either - and the best part (for me) is that this one slips right out of a pocket without pulling the pocket out with it.

I've got some real carbon-fiber in blue and black fibers that is going to look REAL nice when I get around to laying it on the outer shell... that will make mine stand out from the standard black... Doesn't add anything at all to the weight, and is going to actually be slicker than the hard shell already is.

Psychlone

Joshison

Reaction score
Incipio Bionic Double Cover.
View attachment 40065
Motorola DROID BIONIC Incipio Double Cover - Black from Verizon Wireless

I had the extreme displeasure of dropping my first Droid, the OG Droid, right on the upper right corner, completely disabling the power button and breaking the screen.
After that, I can't just run naked anymore... I'm not one of the guys that gets duped into the insurance - I mean, c'mon! Pay us $100 and get a REFURBISHED phone when yours breaks (and if you do the math, that $7 per month adds up to the rest of what you paid for the damn thing when it was brand-new!)

So, the Bionic Double Cover is perfect. Soft silicone sleeve inside the hard shell. It doesn't really add as much thickness as I first expected, certainly not as thick as my OG Droid with it's hard case, and didn't add much to the heft of the device either - and the best part (for me) is that this one slips right out of a pocket without pulling the pocket out with it.

I've got some real carbon-fiber in blue and black fibers that is going to look REAL nice when I get around to laying it on the outer shell... that will make mine stand out from the standard black... Doesn't add anything at all to the weight, and is going to actually be slicker than the hard shell already is.

Psychlone

umm 7 a month for 2 years is 168, then u pay the 100 to replace it and that's 268. To buy the Bionic new you pay $587. Don't see how that's a scam ya its expensive but its still cheaper than a new phone.

Psychlone

Reaction score
LOL, I suppose I should have elaborated a bit.

Sorry to everyone for going off topic a bit here - but this is relevant to the current topic and will be pretty short)

Let's say you just paid $299 for your Bionic like I did with a new 2 year contract, which is what *most* of us do.
Then lets say you drop and damage your phone. Depending on how long you've had it determines how much you've paid into the insurance, so there could be justification there, but it also usually works exactly the opposite.
Case in point: I damaged my Droid1, I walk into the Verizon Store, tell them what happened and they immediately ask if I have insurance. Of course, I did since it was my first smartphone and I didn't know better.
After looking up my info, the rep tells me that my deductible is $90 and that I'd be getting a REFURBISHED phone, not a new one.
I then asked him what kind of deals they had in-store right now... to which he replied "Well, we've got a deal on that same Droid1 you're holding there... it's $100 with a $100 mail-in rebate".

OK, so I can get a refurb for $90, or I can get a new one right then and there for $100 and get my $100 back in a couple weeks??? No-brainer.
The funny part of the story is when the rep asked me if I'd like to pay for insurance on the new phone... ;)

Granted, it may not always work that way, and clearly if you're paying full retail price with no contract, it would only make sense to get insurance... it IS only $7. Just doesn't make sense for me... that's all.

Edi

Reaction score
I rocked my OG Droid naked and it looked brand new when I got my DX
I rocked my DX naked since the day I got it and it looks brand spankin new
I'mma rock my Bionic naked as well.

Gorilla Glass is the bomb. As long as you dont shoot a nail gun towards your crotch you'll be fine.. then again, if the Bionic is in the path it might just save you :p

lol, good answer.

I'll be running my nekked. :happy:

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I drive a semi do its the Otterbox for me, mine arrives today :dancedroid

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jstrickland1216

Reaction score
I was going to go naked at first because I use the laptop dock and car dock so there would be a lot of taking on and off the case. However, before I left the store there was a screen protector put on it and a few hours later I went back and got the black silicone "rubber case" that covers the sides and rear or the phone. It slips right off for the laptop dock and it actually FITS in the Car Dock with the case still on.

idefiler6

Reaction score
Otterbox has a nice defender with holster for $50, can probably get a deal on it if you know someone or just have cool reps at your local red store.