bionic cancelled

drust

Reaction score
i have been hearing that bionic is being cancelled??

anyone confirm or deny?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

anyone confirm or deny?

It isn't cancelled. Delayed due to issues on it.

in other words Motorola saw the long list of mistakes HTC made with the Thunderbolt so they pulled back the release of the bionic since it has some if not all of the same flaws.

OP
drust

drust

Reaction score
only thing thunderbolt has going for it is 4g lte (bs 4g)

leonozug

Reaction score
What flaws in Thunderbolt?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

How bout horrific battery life? My friend returned his after a week cause of it. After that he went and unfortunately bought an iphone.

Putting a 1400mah battery in a 4G device is just plain nuts. The Bionic will have a 1930mah to balance it out.

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
I think it's to early to buy a 4G phone due to it being so new. Once the irons have been worked out in detail....then I might go for the 4G experience.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

anyone confirm or deny?

It isn't cancelled. Delayed due to issues on it.

in other words Motorola saw the long list of mistakes HTC made with the Thunderbolt so they pulled back the release of the bionic since it has some if not all of the same flaws.

Not quite. The Bionic was delayed (with the original version of the phone being completely canned and a different phone being bumped up to take the name) for the same reasons that the LTE upgrade for the Xoom was delayed - problems with the Tegra 2 and LTE radio. The new version of the Bionic will not have a Tegra 2 processor.

Reaction score
I wish tthere was a limit a link can be posted. That things yesterdays paper : /

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score
I spoke to a Verizon rep on the phone today. Just his two cents worth but he thought they were gonna cancel the bionic at least as it was there is nothing out there for a dual core processor plus like the Atrix alot of issues with the phone. Like I said only his two cents worth.

allan1313

Reaction score
I spoke to a Verizon rep on the phone today. Just his two cents worth but he thought they were gonna cancel the bionic at least as it was there is nothing out there for a dual core processor plus like the Atrix alot of issues with the phone. Like I said only his two cents worth.

Don't go by Verizon reps. They are usually not in the know. The bionic is coming, just not the same one from CES.

wooddale

Reaction score

Don't go by Verizon reps. They are usually not in the know. The bionic is coming, just not the same one from CES.

That's kinda what he thought He was nice.guy running.a rooted TB