Bionic build 5.9.901....Initial impressions......and what we know so far

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
I just got an update for my bionic , however ofcourse i cant download & install it .. What steps do i need to take to do this the right way ... I dont even care if i cant root it after i just want the update

OP
nateohio

nateohio

Reaction score
Why can't you download and install it? If you're on 901 with no frozen bloat and stock system, you should be able to download and install it.

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
Actually bud i was still on the 893 lol and yes i had alot of stuff frozen etc .. well i just did the 4ever method and went back to stock but the update thats there which im installing now isnt the new one its the 893 .... so after this one the new one should pop up right ? well i hope lol since i just went all the way back to stock

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
yep its there i did the 893 update waited for it to install and reboot and now the newer version 902 is there so this is going good so far .. hopefully it will root there after with 4ever root

OP
nateohio

nateohio

Reaction score
Totally pleased with .902!

Sent from my now freaking awesome, butt-kicking .902 Droid Bionic using TapaTalk

Cant say that I'm unsatisfied with 902, I can't really tell a difference from 901 yet. Data is still strong, battery life is still great, don't really know the difference between the two yet.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Cant say that I'm unsatisfied with 902, I can't really tell a difference from 901 yet. Data is still strong, battery life is still great, don't really know the difference between the two yet.

Nate, that seems to be the general feeling from those that transitioned from .901 to .902. I opted not to mod my Bionic (although it was tough not to, given that I hacked the heck out my OG), so I came from .893. As you'd expect, the improvement was awesome!

Sure there are still some infrastructure challenges for many, not to mention that allot of folks get themselves into some tough positions, Subsequently, I suspect you'll hear varied opinions. This release is good for me till I get ICS. Was a tough ride for me and my Bionic for a while (as you might conclude from many of my early posts), but I'll give credit where it is due. They took a while, but they did not forget us. Hope they learned from it.

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
i have an issue , i see the SUPERUSER app in my apps but TIB and other apps say "unable to gain root access " why . could it be that im not rooted or something with busy box ... i thought i rooted it with 4ever root once i saw the superuser app i thought i was good to go but im not ... what can i do ? any help is appreciated

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
WELL I JUST USED 4EVER root to go back to stock and did all the updates but i should have rooted while on 893 before going to the new 902 .. when it said it rooted it , it really didnt so i used the next best method while on 902 to root with this [GUIDE][N00B]Step-By-Step ROOT/Update/ROM Instructions + 902 Update Info (2/13/12) - xda-developers • If you are on 5.9.902 skip ahead to the root section. really simple download a file run the run file and boom youre rooted ... worked great thanks everyone here and there as always blessings to you & your loved ones .. dont forget the wife on Vday or you might not see tomorrow . lol

bluezdawg

Reaction score
i have an issue , i see the SUPERUSER app in my apps but TIB and other apps say "unable to gain root access " why . could it be that im not rooted or something with busy box ... i thought i rooted it with 4ever root once i saw the superuser app i thought i was good to go but im not ... what can i do ? any help is appreciated

Looks like you got this fixed.. I was suspicious if the "chmods" you previously applied were retained. Have not rooted since my OG, but that came to mind...