Bionic - Bluetooth Audio Issues (Volume drops in Google Music, stops in Spotify)

gromitvt

Reaction score
Hello -

Running either Google Music or Spotify when paired with a bluetooth fm transmitter (Kinivo BTC8) I have found that depending on the music app the volume either randomly drops to a very low level or just stops the music all together. The audio is fine when listening to wired headphones. I can't isolate if the problem is with the BT/FM Transmitter or with the Bionic. I tend to think it's the Bionic, because I think I'm getting a "ghost" notification (sorry for lack of a better term). Generally I see something flash in the notification bar and the volume suddenly drops. The odd thing is, if I pause/play again, or skip to the next track (via the phone or the controls on the fm transmitter) the volume returns to normal levels. I've asked the Kinovo folks if they had any similar issues reported and they have not. (They kindly sent me a 2nd device to test and I found it had the same problem). I've tried testing without putting the phone in the car dock, but that didn't fix the problem either. It's very random, and happens about every 2-3 songs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

bhmcc

Reaction score
I have a Bionic and am having this exact same issue when using BT headphones (Rocketfish) . Any updates or progress gromitvt?

jdlowsracer

Reaction score
Mine drops periodically also when paired with my Pioneer head unit in my truck. Thing is that usually only does it for the first song our two then doesn't do it anymore. Can't figure it out either.

OP
G

gromitvt

Reaction score
I have a Bionic and am having this exact same issue when using BT headphones (Rocketfish) . Any updates or progress gromitvt?

No real positive updates. I tried to remove some apps and perhaps things changed slightly after the update to 5.9.902 it seems that I have the following problems now:

Google Music (or whatever we're calling it these days): Audio will drop out for a full 1-2 seconds and resume maybe a few seconds further into the audio
Spotify: Audio will pause momentarily and then resume at the same spot.

Still seems that some sort of ghost notification is to blame for this. I've basically learned to live with it.

jdlowsracer

Reaction score
Here's some hope for the future, applied the 905 update yesterday and when I used my phone in the truck today to steam via Bluetooth it didn't drop out once. I don't know if the update did anything to the Bluetooth but its definitely working better so far. I will use it some more this weekend and see what happens.

Last edited:

diablo81588

Reaction score
Try 905, it supposedly fixes a Bluetooth audio issue.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bhmcc

Reaction score
FYI - I did the 905 update this weekend and my issue appears to be resolved. Score one for Moto, albeit about 6 months too late.

OP
G

gromitvt

Reaction score
My 905 update hasn't resolved my issue. Kinda bummed about it now.

OP
G

gromitvt

Reaction score
Turns out an app Voice Control Full was the culprit. Removed it and things are good again.