Bionic battery life

googlelover

Reaction score
My though it ya it has a bigger battery, it will last throughout the day with good moderate use but anyone expecting to last 2 days is just out of their mind. this is a computer is handheld and not just a phone. the only this this has in common with the most basic phone is that it makes phone calls... people these days expect too much.

if I head to work at 7am and take phone off charger around 630am I am expecting that around 5pm I am going to have to charge it, if i didn't charge it around noon time on lunch.
Well with the battery life reported on this unless your watching a lot of video your phone will still be good until 10 pm now. More on Droid Bionic Battery Life, Pocket Detection Mode (Plus: New Render Shows Off Thickness)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks like one of the features of the Bionic will be "being able to actually use your LTE phone"...lol. I think the Bionic will have decent battery life tho.

evaelone

Reaction score
Testers are saying the battery life is great but relative to what? I'm sure it will be alot better than other phones, but it doesn't matter if a Smartphone has a 3000 mAh battery, you should ALWAYS have it charging when its not in use and possible. You should have a Desk dock for work, a car charger for all vehicles you uses daily, a charging dock for your nightstand/bedroom, a charger in your home office and a couple charges in other places you use alot like a spare in the glove compartment when visiting friend's house for a while. This isn't a moto RAZR, you must have it charging all the time and you will never have a problem with battery life.

Spoken like a true cell phone sales person!!!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Screen on time is all I care about... doesn't tell me anything that these guys let it idle a whole day..... I can get 24hrs of battery life too if I let it sit there for 20hrs

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Screen on time is all I care about... doesn't tell me anything that these guys let it idle a whole day..... I can get 24hrs of battery life too if I let it sit there for 20hrs

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I don't mean to be rude here but did you even read the article from droid life or did you just look at the pictures?

cjsmoove

Reaction score
Question...

If I stream Pandora or Netflix all day ,everyday for 8-9 hours and leave it plug in the charger, will this ruin the battery?? I've noticed on my BB 9650 the battery dies ALOT quicker since I've been doing that...

Reaction score
Question...

If I stream Pandora or Netflix all day ,everyday for 8-9 hours and leave it plug in the charger, will this ruin the battery?? I've noticed on my BB 9650 the battery dies ALOT quicker since I've been doing that...

Pandora? Netflix?? on a Blackberry? this whole notion perplexes me.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I would automatically say, "No, of course not" but some of my latest reading says that keeping a battery on a charger full time causes protection circuit on the battery to discharge the battery a bit, and then top it off again. causing more duty cycles in the battery. It's cycles that can kill Li batteries,
heat too.

That being said, in the last 6 years I've had three smart phones (4 actually but I'm not going to talk about that one.)
I always plug them in when GPS's in my car and always plug them in when listening to music at work.
Never had to replace a battery in any phone, except to get a bigger one.

So on further review, go for it no damage will be done, at least in two years your battery will be mostly dead but you'll
have a new phone by then.

Crying that quad-cores suck and you should have gotten the other phone instead of this turkey.

Last edited:

cjsmoove

Reaction score
lmao..the BB i only streamed Pandora and NFL mobile...Thx for the advice gentlemen.