Bionic battery 1785mah ext 2880mah

faganm24

Reaction score
I didn't think about that....hmmm. I guess it's not that big of a deal for me since I would only use the car dock if I was on the road and needed gps.

I saw on Droid-life that the hd dock says it is compatible with the extended batteries and induction covers. Maybe they are thinking of extra battery capacity when designing these docks now.

Sent from my Droid

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw on Droid-life that the hd dock says it is compatible with the extended batteries and induction covers. Maybe they are thinking of extra battery capacity when designing these docks now.

Sent from my Droid

Well then that's perfect. My only question is if the induction charging works with the extended battery?

wseyller

Reaction score
I don't use a car dock all day long everyday. An extended battery would definitely be nice for my heavy usage but I think I use a car dock enough to where it would be a bit annoying.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I remember hearing the ext battery would fill that hump void and make for a flat back

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

Wasn't this actually the induction back plate that resulted in the back being flat?

I doubt the induction back plate is as thick as a 2880mah battery.

Would be nice though.

OP
S

spider210

Reaction score
Wasn't this actually the induction back plate that resulted in the back being flat?

I doubt the induction back plate is as thick as a 2880mah battery.

Would be nice though.

The extended batter does have a big bump, its not flat

yiannis

Reaction score
I saw a pic. It doesn't look horrible but does look huge

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If the Bionic + huge battery are the same size as the D1 then I might consider it. If it's thicker I probably won't.

ratledge

Reaction score
Cost / price Verizon wants for 2880mAH extended battery?

What was the price quoted for the extended battery and does the standard holster still work? (fit?)

I can't get them to even admit they have the phone. Did the tell you cost with 2-year contract?

RatMan

OP
S

spider210

Reaction score
extended like always is retail 49.99 , AND if you get a 25% discount it'll be... well you do the math

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
As long as it's not like the TB extended battery, I'll get it. Nobody wants a brick attached to your phone.

kman79

Reaction score
Has anyone found a case that will fit with the Extended Battery on? None of the current cases that verizon has will fit with the extended battery. Please post if you have

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
The shell holster combo fits and it fits in the dock.
Too, too big. I'd rather have an extended battery that only offers a bit more and basically makes the back of the phone flat.

I can live with that. I didn't buy a thin phone to make it a brick.

ratledge

Reaction score
Otterbox ($37.49 from Verizon - out of stock, so I'm told) works

Has anyone found a case that will fit with the Extended Battery on? None of the current cases that verizon has will fit with the extended battery. Please post if you have
I'm using 2300mAh batteries I bought off ebay.com that fit just fine in the Otterbox rubberized/armored case/holster. Not so sure that those 2800mAh monsters would or not, but it sure looks like it would. My back is barely bigger than the original. This Otterbox looks like it would hold a 3000mAh+ battery with the right back cover - one that basically made the phone flat instead of camera-end heavy... "Works for me!"

Charging down the road with my rooted Bionic 32GB, looking for anything that doesn't still work from my Incredible (1) days...

dancedroid

ratledge

Reaction score
The shell holster combo fits and it fits in the dock.
Too, too big. I'd rather have an extended battery that only offers a bit more and basically makes the back of the phone flat.

I can live with that. I didn't buy a thin phone to make it a brick.
All depends on perspective, eh? I look at it as a prize to be protected, and since in my work environment it's just as likely to be flying across the room or hitting a concrete floor, I chose to triple-brace mine. Basic case inside the OtterBox plastic case with a nice heavy rubberized glove around that, all of which locks into (and escapes from) an unbreakable hip-holster that - admittedly, is the size of lower Manhattan. LMAO... Of course, I can run over it with a Hummer, it'd be just fine... :p