Bionic Based Wallpaper for Stock .605 Installs

andrewnprice

Reaction score
Up until very recently I had been using Jrummy's Justice rom, however with the release of .605 based roms, and due to the camera issues that are inherent to CM7 based releases, I decided to move on to something else. I tried ICX but had some stability issues (which I attribute to the fact that it is still in the early stages of development), and so eventually I decided to just stick with a rooted deodexed version of the stock DroidX .605 rom.

So far this decision seems to be the correct one, and I think it should last me a while till some of the community .605 based roms reach a greater level maturity. I have been extremely happy with my phone's look and performance minus one thing... I absolutely despise the stupid white gradient that Motorola places at the bottom of the screen; as it makes it really difficult to find wallpapers that I like that blend in well with this graphical nuance. As I have been unable to figure out how to replace the image itself, I decided to modify the wallpaper that I originally wanted to use so that it more cleanly adheres to Motorola's chosen stock theme aesthetic.

The images below are examples of this work, and I have provided links to the wallpapers themselves in the event that anyone else finds them interesting:

Normal_Example.png
Tray_Example.png
Normal Modified and Blended Wallpaper
Modified Wallpaper with Dock Tray
Bar_Example.png
Lock_Example.png

Modified Wallpaper with Dock BarModified Wallpaper Lock Screen
(links to Zip file containing all wallpapers)

I do realize that these are not perfect, and as with anything I do they are works in progress, but I wanted to go ahead and share them in case Motorola's design decision with that gradient was driving anyone else crazy.

In the event anyone feels like working with this image any on their own: here is the PSD (photoshop format) file that these wallpapers were created from. (I did label the layers in such a way that you should be able to fairly easily work out how they affect the overall composition.)

Last edited:

firefighterwise

Reaction score
Up until very recently I had been using Jrummy's Justice rom, however with the release of .605 based roms, and due to the camera issues that are inherent to CM7 based releases, I decided to move on to something else. I tried ICX but had some stability issues (which I attribute to the fact that it is still in the early stages of development), and so eventually I decided to just stick with a rooted deodexed version of the stock DroidX .605 rom.

So far this decision seems to be the correct one, and I think it should last me a while till some of the community .605 based roms reach a greater level maturity. I have been extremely happy with my phone's look and performance minus one thing... I absolutely despise the stupid white gradient that Motorola places at the bottom of the screen; as it makes it really difficult to find wallpapers that I like that blend in well with this graphical nuance. As I have been unable to figure out how to replace the image itself, I decided to modify the wallpaper that I originally wanted to use so that it more cleanly adheres to Motorola's chosen stock theme aesthetic.

The images below are examples of this work, and I have provided links to the wallpapers themselves in the event that anyone else finds them interesting:

I do realize that these are not perfect, and as with anything I do they are works in progress, but I wanted to go ahead and share them in case Motorola's design decision with that gradient was driving anyone else crazy.

In the event anyone feels like working with this image any on their own: here is the PSD (photoshop format) file that these wallpapers were created from. (I did label the layers in such a way that you should be able to fairly easily work out how they affect the overall composition.)

Got a question. I run liberty so I don't know about the white gradient. I've been thinking of switching back to a deodrxed version of. 605 but wouldn't a launcher like launcher pro get rid of that gradient? O only ask cause I've never tried and not running stock right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

sparks639

Reaction score
Andrew, im in the same boat as u, hate the white on the stock dock. And yes another launcher would get rid of that, but call me crazy here... I like the stock launcher.

Ive been using a theme for 602 / 605 created by detonation (at rootzwiki) i think. It uses the D3/Bionic icons and launcher graphics.

Its pretty sweet yo

Found the link: http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/4063-[THEME]-New-Blur-for-Stock-Droid-X-.602-and-.605
[THEME] New Blur for Stock Droid X .602 and .605

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Insidious

Reaction score
Moto images are a pain in the a$$ to photoshop.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums