Bionic and RAZR News Update!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If this is a firmware update I will be happy for Bionic and RAZR owners. If its ICS, it will only serve my fears that the D3 has been put to the side and forgotten.

I think one key to ICS is going to be dual-core cpu. Since you got that, you will get ICS. Just my guess, but I'm sticking with it. :biggrin:

spillner

Reaction score
I think one key to ICS is going to be dual-core cpu. Since you got that, you will get ICS. Just my guess, but I'm sticking with it. :biggrin:

I really hope you right. I expect a new Droid every year but when you see leaked photos of the D4 (4 months after the D3 was launched), a list of Moto products to get ICS (which the D3 was not on) and a "special announcement" coming for the RAZR and Bionic, it just makes me wonder.

William_04_x

Reaction score
If you read the first few lines, I said I was quoting a thread on moto forums, and to take it as you will. I think you are out of bounds suggesting I by any means was trying to get anyones hopes up. I simply was quoting a post from a thread on the moto forums from a member there who has provided reliable information in the past.

And, I don't understand why people have to take 'potentially' positive information and turn it into a negative.

After reading many of your posts, I'm not trying to question your credibility. The fact that the original post is from the Moto support forums strongly suggests that they were also inlvolved. I sincerely hope any issues that were brought up are addressed quickly.

I don't know of any other segment of consumer electronics where there is such a rush to push new products. Attempts by manufacturers to have the next big thing on the streets seems to get them released with a few shortcomings, which are consciously left to be addressed in the future. I don't blame them, as it's part of this game right now. Then again, I could be way off and my perception is skewed after getting sucked into the hype myself. I will have a new RAZR right after xmas. Thanks DF. LOL

Sent from my MZ604 using DroidForums

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
After reading many of your posts, I'm not trying to question your credibility. The fact that the original post is from the Moto support forums strongly suggests that they were also inlvolved. I sincerely hope any issues that were brought up are addressed quickly.

I don't know of any other segment of consumer electronics where there is such a rush to push new products. Attempts by manufacturers to have the next big thing on the streets seems to get them released with a few shortcomings, which are consciously left to be addressed in the future. I don't blame them, as it's part of this game right now. Then again, I could be way off and my perception is skewed after getting sucked into the hype myself. I will have a new RAZR right after xmas. Thanks DF. LOL

Well I can tell you one thing, that the person who posted the OP on motoforums, is in no way affiliated with motorola or VZW. I know this for a fact. Tis one of the reasons I decided to share his post here.

William_04_x

Reaction score
Well I can tell you one thing, that the person who posted the OP on motoforums, is in no way affiliated with motorola or VZW. I know this for a fact. Tis one of the reasons I decided to share his post here.

I meant Moto was invloved in the focus group. That seems pretty obvious, even though they weren't named.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I meant Moto was invloved in the focus group. That seems pretty obvious, even though they weren't named.

You might quite possibly be right, as the OP stated, there were others there that asked to be 'not mentioned'.

From OP:

"At the meeting were two senior techs with VZ, and a tech from another company, which I cannot discuss."

This lends credence to you're theory.

And by him posting it on the motorola forums is more reason to understand why he wouldn't mention a motorola tech being there, that asked not to be identified, if that was indeed the case.

Last edited:

rduckwor

Reaction score
Given the source of the original info from the Moto support forum, I have to say fail. The OP is a huge Moto apologist and post whore. I sincerely hope that I am wrong as I definitely feel that VZW and Moto have royally screwed their customer base with these handsets. Their failure to communicate the timing and degree of their proposed remedies is a true bone in the throats of those who own these products.