Bionic 5.9.991 at Verizon store.

mikryd

Reaction score
When is this coming????
Camera is super fast.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
Aaaand here we go.

Please tell me now this ain't 'Shopped. My heart and nerves can't handle it.

;)

OP
M

mikryd

Reaction score
Not shopped for sure... My jaw hit the floor when I saw this. Had to post immediately. OS is freaking fast. Exactly how it should be. I want it NOW!!!!!

kamisan

Reaction score
No this has been mentioned in other threads, it is a demo version sent to stores for demo phones, from what I have read it is not a version we will see. Right now we have .886, .893 weather your 5.7.893 or 5.5.893 and 5.8.894 is supposed to be next with ice cream sandwich, whenever moto and vzw decide we have suffered enough with the absolute $#it the bionic was sent with. I just started climbing the complaint chain at moto since VZW takes little to no responsibility for this phone. Running 5..7893 with theorys kin3tix rom, best the phone has ever been but still drops data more than my D1.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Why would they make an awesome version and only put it in demo phones? That's dishonesty if you ask me.

donzz

Reaction score
Why would they make an awesome version and only put it in demo phones? That's dishonesty if you ask me.
No one knows how "awesome" it is until they've had it in their hands for a few days. The rest is just hearsay.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Whatever this build is, build number notwithstanding it is actually older than the recently pushed 5.5.893 version.

5.9.991's baseband version and webtop version are quite a few builds behind 5.5.893's

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
Whatever this build is, build number notwithstanding it is actually older than the recently pushed 5.5.893 version.

5.9.991's baseband version and webtop version are quite a few builds behind 5.5.893's

Which honestly might be better lol

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a theory, thinking about it. This is probably a special "demo" version of the original build, but with a version number set purposely high to prevent customers from fiddling around with the OTA update functionality and/or to get rid of the chances of a OTA update interrupting a customer's evaluation of the device. 5.9.991 is probably safely higher than they ever plan on going with the OS version number, so the display phone will never recieve an OTA alert.

When a major OS update comes out such as ICS, they probably manually flash their demo phones with it.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
No one knows how "awesome" it is until they've had it in their hands for a few days. The rest is just hearsay.

Yeah that's not what i'm saying. My point is, the devices in the store always seem so much smoother than when you buy it. And that's with people jacking with the device all day.

johnnyrocket

Reaction score
Makes u wonder if it's all a bunch of marketing b.s. kinda like getting a burger at your local fast food joint. Funny how the one you buy doesn't look like the picture. I wouldnt b surprised. If the stores had special demo units that work perfectly just so they can sell phones that dont.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Definitely not. In fact, the x2 in the store didn't even work when I tried it today. They have a lot of other corporate/demo software loaded on there that probably slows it down more than anything.

jogutier

Reaction score
i have all the numbers but the 91 at the end. mine is 5.9.901