Bing Maps

bmoore09

Reaction score
So does Bing maps have turn-by-turn directions like Google Maps does?

I was definitely gonna buy the Fascinate on release date until I learned about the Bing debacle. Also, I was turned off by the GPS issue as well. But I went to the Verizon store to take a look and fell in love with the Fascinate. The screen is awesome, and the flow of the phone felt great. I also read that the Cardock is locked into Bing Maps as well. So does it give you turn-by-turn directions as well?

Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I was definitely gonna buy the Fascinate on release date until I learned about the Bing debacle. Also, I was turned off by the GPS issue as well. But I went to the Verizon store to take a look and fell in love with the Fascinate. The screen is awesome, and the flow of the phone felt great. I also read that the Cardock is locked into Bing Maps as well. So does it give you turn-by-turn directions as well?

Thanks

Is this a question that you are providing an answer for? Or did you just answer your own question? :confused:

OP
B

bmoore09

Reaction score

Thanks

Is this a question that you are providing an answer for? Or did you just answer your own question? :confused:

Sorry if my post was a little confusing. I think I will be getting the Fascinate in the next week or so, but I was wondering if Bing Maps has Turn-by-Turn Navigation like Google Maps does.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks

Sorry if my post was a little confusing. I think I will be getting the Fascinate in the next week or so, but I was wondering if Bing Maps has Turn-by-Turn Navigation like Google Maps does.

You would have to get VZ Navigator for navigation. It's a great product, but it comes with a cost.

Verizon's Samsung Fascinate Android phone review : Apps / App Store Browser Camera

tmal2

Reaction score

Thanks

I have the bing app on my droid and it does NOT give turn by turn directions. I played with a Fascinate at the Verizon and also did not get any turn by turn directions (with media volume up) so I'm gonna have to say no until someone verifies that it does and I couldn't get it working.

OP
B

bmoore09

Reaction score
really?? I thought at the very least I can download Google Maps for free at the market which would give turn-by-turn.

Am I wrong?

Or are you just talking about the cardock being VZ Nav and Bing locked??

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
really?? I thought at the very least I can download Google Maps for free at the market which would give turn-by-turn.

Am I wrong?

From what I read, and I gave you the link, you'll need to download VZ Navigator for navigation.

OP
B

bmoore09

Reaction score

Am I wrong?

From what I read, and I gave you the link, you'll need to download VZ Navigator for navigation.

Oh...thanks for the link. I did just read that and it seems you can usegoogle nav. It says
"And if you want Google Maps and Navigation instead of Verizon's solid VZ Navigator, you can just install it from the Android Market and use it - for free."

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I just left VZW playing with a Fascinate. I tried turn x turn on Bing and it prompted me to DL VZ navigation. It looked like it worked well. I DL Google Maps 4.5 along with street view. Navigation seamed to work as my D1

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just left VZW playing with a Fascinate. I tried turn x turn on Bing and it prompted me to DL VZ navigation. It looked like it worked well. I DL Google Maps 4.5 along with street view. Navigation seamed to work as my D1

That's good news. I thought it would be unfair to make you pay for VZ Navigator, when all the other Android phones don't.

jset670

Reaction score
I too downloaded Google Maps right away and the GPS worked great. Turn by turn from Verizon to Best Buy no problem..