Bills...

leeches

Reaction score
My bill would have been the same except the wife got a little caught up in the the pre-installed amazon mp3 app with one click purchase. Sigh...apparently torrents just aren't quick/easy enough. I was so pissed!

Erich_F

Reaction score
My bill this this month went up to almost $450!!!

Oh, I forgot to mention I charged the purchase of the Droid to my Verizon account. :)

My bill went up $10..added $15 for Smartphone data upgrade, removed a $4 VZW weather sub...

keiichi25

Reaction score
My first bill is $140 with a 450 minute plan. I just came from a regular cell phone at $60 and was expecting it to increase to around $100 max with the smartphone. Is this normal? I LOVE the Droid but no way am I going to pay $140/mo for it!

What was the initial plan to begin with total? Did you have data? If not, Unlimited Data Plan tacked on, usually is about $30 a month. Depending on your billing cycle, you might also get a pro-rate if your bill comes at the end of the month versus beginning, so you see a bigger hit when you make a change over. Best thing to do, wait another billing cycle, as usually the extra cost is due to picking up a new service and having it pro-rated, which they generally warn you about but most people 'tune it out' cause they are excited to getting a phone with new things. I would also look at the details of your bill very closely. Usually what hikes up costs is that you are using things on your phone without knowing you don't have a service that you should be pro-actively be subscribing to that will hike up your charges.

A good example is where I semi-manage our wireless bill for our company, I had one user who was actively using the data service on his phone when I stated to him and others that they do not have a data plan. The user was racking up charges on his phone because all he wanted was to look up scores on his phone, where it was using data. We had to fix that by adding data to his phone, same with some users who were doing a LOT of texting over their block of 250 that we had to up their texting block to avoid additional per charges.

mitchb2

Reaction score
Our bill was insane. $240. They made so many "mistakes" it was ridiculous. They tacked on Premium Texting for $10, they mistakenly charged us $70 in overage fees and we hadn't even used half our minutes. Then there's the "Other fees" that was something like $34.

Watch them like a hawk.

godanigo

Reaction score
Mine was $288. Apparently when you switch plans they charge you for two months :icon_eek:.

Great Christmas present from Verizon.

DroidFan

Reaction score
I went in exactly 1 month after my NE2 date, so I didn't have the prorated charges. And, because I no longer have to pay for VZ Nav, my bill dropped $10/mo. :D

So, I have:

$99 unlimited talk plan
$10 500 text + unl. M2M
$30 data plan

OP
J

JoeeDB

Reaction score
My bill cycle ends on the 26th of each month. I got my new phone on the 27th (first day of new cycle) of November, so should I be expecting any weird charges? One thing I found weird was that they charged me $30 for the data plan for the cycle that ended on November 26th yet I didn't get the new phone/data plan till November 27th. Is that how it's supposed to be or is that a mistake?

DroidFan

Reaction score
It's not a mistake. You pay for a billing cycle 1 month in advance.

Ernest_T_Bass

Reaction score
My first bill is $140 with a 450 minute plan. I just came from a regular cell phone at $60 and was expecting it to increase to around $100 max with the smartphone. Is this normal? I LOVE the Droid but no way am I going to pay $140/mo for it!
My first bill was about $134. Admittedly, it was a bit more than I was expecting, but I then looked a little closer at the detail of the charges. I've got the 450 minute/month plan, the $30/month data plan, and the 250 text/month plan.

I've got the prorated amount up to November 25th (about a day's worth of charges), plus the charges through December 25th, which comes out to just under $80 for access charges. I've got the Verizon surcharges, which are just under $39, $35 of which is the one-time activation charge. Then I've got about $15 in taxes and governmental charges (State E911 fee, and state and city communication charges).

When you take all of that into account, it's about what it should be for this time around.

JFDroid

Reaction score
My bill didn't change much. I saved $5 monthly for dropping VZ Navigator... I'm on a family share plan, 1400 minutes. $55/month for voice, $5.00 per extra line (4 extras = $20), two data plans ($15 each), Asurion insurance on two lines ($8 each), and some taxes and things brings my bill to right around $135/month for 4 people. Includes nights & weekends, 10 F&F numbers, and unlimited texting M2M and out of network for all lines.

Pretty reasonable for 5 people really, considering I pay the bill and get reimbursed $30 a month each (for a total of $90) for 3 of the 4 add-a-line's, and then my line and the 5th line are the two for which I'm responsible. So in total, I pay about $45/month for two lines, one is a BB Tour with Data & Asurion insurance and a Droid with everything I could want, including insurance.

NoKz

Reaction score
I have the same plan and my bill was around the same the 1st time. It's the taxes and activation fee making it $140. :icon_ banana: