Biggest sd card you can fit in droid 1?

clark3554

Reaction score
What is the biggest sd card that will be compatable with the origional droid 1

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

markwebb

Reaction score
32 GB And I have been using it for A year.

whezzel

Reaction score
Simple google search would find the answer. 16 gig if its factory and 32gig with some extra work I believe

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

jayman350

Reaction score
32 GB And I have been using it for A year.

can i ask what brand/class your card is? I bought one a while ago that gave me nothing but headaches, it wouldn't be recognized when I was booting into recovery (which makes flashing roms impossible), sometimes wouldn't load up when the phone did, etc, etc. This wasn't a no-name brand either, IIRC it was a SanDisk 32GB Class 2.

Simple google search would find the answer. 16 gig if its factory and 32gig with some extra work I believe

what is this "extra work" you are referring to?

whezzel

Reaction score
I read somewhere saying that for a 32 gig to work u would have to install extra drivers or a kernel that supports it. I'm not for sure that just what I read. And I had the same issuse when I tried a 32 gig in my d1

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I read somewhere saying that for a 32 gig to work u would have to install extra drivers or a kernel that supports it. I'm not for sure that just what I read. And I had the same issuse when I tried a 32 gig in my d1

you don't have to do anything. You can put a 32 gig in a completely stock D1 and it will work just like normal.

Low Saturn

Reaction score
can i ask what brand/class your card is? I bought one a while ago that gave me nothing but headaches, it wouldn't be recognized when I was booting into recovery (which makes flashing roms impossible), sometimes wouldn't load up when the phone did, etc, etc. This wasn't a no-name brand either, IIRC it was a SanDisk 32GB Class 2.

I've been using a SanDisk 32GB Class 4 with no issues.

OP
C

clark3554

Reaction score
Yea that's why I wasn't sure if it was the 16 or the 32. Ill probably just stick to the 16 cause that's plenty of space for me

jayman350

Reaction score
Any chance a 64 would work?

i haven't seen a 64GB micro card, largest i have seen is a 32GB. I don't even want to know how much those would cost, the 32GB card are just now starting to come down.

Everything I have ever seen regarding storage space for the D1 refers to 32GB max storage.

heavyvino

Reaction score
My bad I was looking at a 64 gig SD card not micro.
Could someone explain the classes of sd card for me?