biggest piece of Cr$P phone

Robslaw

Reaction score
Ok I have tried and tried with this phone. I was excited when I first got it after moving from a BB 8830. However, now that it has been months since I originally got it on launch day... I have come to the conclusion this phone is horrible.

Here are my reasons:
1) half my calls go directly to VM when I "receive" them.
2) phone is sluggish and freezes.
3) I have to reboot (battery pull) every other day.
4) Apps are horrible and suck you in with "free" only get you to upgrade to an even crappier app that requires you to buy the "better" version that actually works.
5) Emails do not always show up on phone.
6) Apps freeze up and lock up the phone so I have to pull the battery to get the phone to work.
7) Verizon's horrible customer service that tells me that my new phone will be replaced with a "refirb" if I do anything about it.
8) Software upgrade to "Foyo" has rendered my phone in a worse condition.
9) Constantly loosing 3g for 1x service.
10) phone is loaded with bloatware that I cannot remove without causing problems with my phone with a "root".

I'm sure that 90% of you will blast away so go at it. But I'm sure there are more people out there like me that have major problems with this phone.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
No "blasting" here...everyone is entitled to their opinion - my question is - Do you have a task killer installed on your device ?

...and VZW's customer service is not a direct reflection on the devices they provide

Sent from my Droid

Psientist

Reaction score
I haven't had my Droid X for even two months yet, but my experience has been nothing like yours.

I have even had a great experience with Verizon support when I called. I got a real person, was able to transfer account to girlfriend, disable SMS, etc. No problem quick and easy. I suppose it could be the type of issue you seem to be experiencing that leads you to think their support is crap, I don't know.

Also, since I haven't had my phone as long as you and it came with Android 2.2 as stock this may have something to do with our different opinions of the phone.

I haven't had to install any task killer, either. I just have a shortcut to the stock applications management settings screen and if I want I just list the running apps and can force close from there.

Making a blanket statement about "apps" is...vague at best. Also, this isn't a reflection on Droid X so much as the quality of the individual apps and/or Android OS in general. I haven't had any problems and when talking with my IPh*ne owning friends have had even fewer issues in general.

What specifically are you doing on your phone? What apps are auto-launching at boot?

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Ok I have tried and tried with this phone. I was excited when I first got it after moving from a BB 8830. However, now that it has been months since I originally got it on launch day... I have come to the conclusion this phone is horrible.

Here are my reasons:
4) Apps are horrible and suck you in with "free" only get you to upgrade to an even crappier app that requires you to buy the "better" version that actually works.
6) Apps freeze up and lock up the phone so I have to pull the battery to get the phone to work.
7) Verizon's horrible customer service that tells me that my new phone will be replaced with a "refirb" if I do anything about it.
10) phone is loaded with bloatware that I cannot remove without causing problems with my phone with a "root".

I'm sure that 90% of you will blast away so go at it. But I'm sure there are more people out there like me that have major problems with this phone.

I suggest trying to get a new device. This is kinda rare. Sounds like your having hardware problems, causing your phone to constantly have issues communicating the the signal towers and constant freezes. If they give you a new device and its still no good, I suggest trying your luck with a different phone.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I asked about the Task Killer to eliminate some potential problems - if you do have one installed, uninstall it and factory reset and you should see a dramatic increase in overall performance - task killers are nothing but problematic and they reach into the furthest parts of your O/S to create them

Sent from my Droid

luv2increase

Reaction score

Here are my reasons:

I hate to say it, but this is a scenario, if true, that is fully your fault. Yes, you heard me correctly.

You have failed to do your due diligence. Your first course of action SHOULD HAVE been to get a new Droid X. There are always bad apples for every tech product. It is the nature of the beast.

Your experience is not even representative of that for someone with a FULL WORKING Droid X. You should have gotten it replaced. This is your fault so you can't blame anyone but yourself. There are no questions about it.

Edit: Can you take as picture of your Droid X? Your post is a little unbelievable so I'm thinking you don't even really have one. It seems like many people who DONT ASK FOR ADVICE by instead choose to DEFAKE AND DEGRADE a tech product are TROLLS

It happens all the time in these forums, and you just so happen to sound like one of people.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Here are my reasons:

I hate to say it, but this is a scenario, if true, that is fully your fault. Yes, you heard me correctly.

You have failed to do your due diligence. Your first course of action SHOULD HAVE been to get a new Droid X. There are always bad apples for every tech product. It is the nature of the beast.

Your experience is not even representative of that for someone with a FULL WORKING Droid X. You should have gotten it replaced. This is your fault so you can't blame anyone but yourself. There are no questions about it.

Edit: Can you take as picture of your Droid X? Your post is a little unbelievable so I'm thinking you don't even really have one. It seems like many people who DONT ASK FOR ADVICE by instead choose to DEFAKE AND DEGRADE a tech product are TROLLS

It happens all the time in these forums, and you just so happen to sound like one of people.

No need to get up in arms

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
R

Robslaw

Reaction score

Here are my reasons:

Yeah I'm sorry but what part of "refirb" phone did you not read in the original post? I have had conversations with verizon and I get the same answer.... we can give you a refirb phone but you are not eligible for a new one unless you pay full price.

OP
R

Robslaw

Reaction score
No "blasting" here...everyone is entitled to their opinion - my question is - Do you have a task killer installed on your device ?

...and VZW's customer service is not a direct reflection on the devices they provide

Sent from my Droid

Had a task killer on my phone but deleted it b/c it ate up too much memory. That and most posters on here suggested removing it b/c of the memory issues vs the benefits were outweighed by the memory eating.

OP
R

Robslaw

Reaction score

Here are my reasons:

I suggest trying to get a new device. This is kinda rare. Sounds like your having hardware problems, causing your phone to constantly have issues communicating the the signal towers and constant freezes. If they give you a new device and its still no good, I suggest trying your luck with a different phone.

Tried to replace it as soon as the phone started to act up and was told I was litterly just past the 30 day option for the new phone. Was told that the best I could get was a refirb.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest if you are experiencing these kinds of problems a refurb might be better than what you have now.

OP
R

Robslaw

Reaction score
To be perfectly honest if you are experiencing these kinds of problems a refurb might be better than what you have now.

To an extent I agree with you...however, there is a part of me that is majorly po-ed that I paid good money for something that doesn't work. I believe there is a certain expectation that when you buy something it should work...correctly. When it doesn't it just makes you mad that your told you can have a used one.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thread open again. Everyone please watch your language, specially you OP. If I see anything else like that from you again I'll not only shut down the thread you will get an infraction as well.

Be Respectful of each other.

A few of you got your post delete as casualties of war. Be careful when your quote people.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would agree with what some of the other people have said. The issue does seem to be unique to your phone. Every once in awhile a thread like this pops up where someone truly received a bad phone. Happens with pretty much every manufactured item whether it be a car or a phone. Some just don't play nice. Have you tried taking it into a VZW store?

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well now that its all sorted out

I fully understand your frustration. However sometimes things don't always go according to plan and you have to work with your options. Your phone may be experiencing hardware issues and if that's the case a refurb will most likely outperform your current phone.