Biggest noob questions:

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
If I get a Verizon Xoom, does it add an extra line? Do I have to pay for 4g (I thought it was a free upgrade) ? Do I have to pay for an extra data plan?
Want one for my bday (June 6) so please answer and additional info will really help too!

Tapatalk-Motorola Droid-303*!
Tap, Swype, and Talk.

Hmong
Xiong

soulshot96

Reaction score
I think it does...4g is no extra cost for now, bit the xoom still hasn't been updated to 4g, I'd wait two days for the galaxy tab 10.1! Its 499. Thinner than the ipad2, bigger battery(7000mah), android 3.1. Check it out search galaxy tab 10.1 slim on YouTube.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

OP
Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
I think it does...4g is no extra cost for now, bit the xoom still hasn't been updated to 4g, I'd wait two days for the galaxy tab 10.1! Its 499. Thinner than the ipad2, bigger battery(7000mah), android 3.1. Check it out search galaxy tab 10.1 slim on YouTube.

Thats what i thought too but does.it have sd-slots? Some websites says they do and some says they dont

Tapatalk-Motorola Droid-303!
Tap, Swype, and Talk.

Hmong
Xiong

soulshot96

Reaction score
We won't know that until it comes out. The xoom has one but it doesn't work yet. So its a no brained for me. I have a 16 gig in my phone and I haven't filled it up yet. So ill be fine.

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
I have a xoom and the sdcard works great. Plus I enjoy having a pure Google device!

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
I have the Verizon model, it has no bearing on either though.

Reaction score
If it's a "Verizon" Xoom, you don't need a data plan to use WIFI, but if you want the data plan, you have to get a contract, it has different pricing for "mobile internet devices", cause it ain't a smartphone. It is much more expensive. I suggest, if you have wifi tethering, or *cringe* pay for wifi tethering, then I suggest not getting the contract. It won't add another line to your plan, it'll have it's own plan.

The Xoom does have an SD card, but not all xooms have the OTA update to support it, 32gb built in is alot though, unless you're a packrat, then it may be a lil cramped. Assuming the press release taht they will start updating xooms to 4g in the summer, only then will you be able to use 4g and the sd card slot.

Currently, the xoom has been updated to Android 3.1, so it has support for Music Beta, USB host devices, resizable widgets, etc (more here Android 3.1 Platform Highlights | Android Developers)

In the end it's up to you, do you want an Ipad, or a Xoom, personally, the xoom has way more functionality in the real world, get the Ipad if you just want entertainment, and no real use. I recently helped my coworker decided whether to get an ipad or a xoom,a nd she bought the Ipad. Now she can't go on her work website at all (requires flash and java), she hates the ****ty camera, she can't sideload downloaded apps, she hates the calendar app, she can't share the ipad because it has no user profiles, and she hates the screen ration, cause she watches movies all the time, 16:9 shrunken down isn't fun....

I know I should've convinced her more to buy the xoom instead, but sometimes, people don't care.