pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just made a poll

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
No way Russell is the biggest bust. I never thought of him as a top QB in the league before he was drafted (and obviously now). It's Al Davis's fault for picking him at number one.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think it is a toss up between ryan leaf and jamarcus russell. For russell to show up at almost 300 pounds.......wow. But see I want to give jamarcus the beefit of the doubt being in Oakland......nvrmnd that is no excuse showing up out of shape and not knowing the playbook.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
No way Russell is the biggest bust. I never thought of him as a top QB in the league before he was drafted (and obviously now). It's Al Davis's fault for picking him at number one.

Maybe you didn't think of him as one...but the rest of the NFL did. The year he came out there was no debate. Liek Ryan Leaf had to live in Peytons shadow. Who will be better blah blah blah...at the time if you remember Russell was the hands down best QB in the draft. The next wasn't taken until no. 22.

souljerr

Reaction score
Not only was Russell out of shape but, if you believe the reports, dude didn't even put in the time learning plays. Took the money and ran.

jpoutre

Reaction score
Leaf was drafted 2nd, close enough. And plenty of people back then thought he should have been #1.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The problem is some qbs need to sit and learn under a vet like steve young did behind joe or aaron behind brett.
SOme qbs are mature enough to handle the pressure of an entire organization on their back as a rookie. Some people need to sit. I think Teebow is a qb that needs to sit and develop; same with Leaf and Russell. They needed a vet to show them how to be a pro and how to "earn" their money.