Biggest disappointments with the D3

Silver Member
Reaction score
How can I get the n64oid? I purchased it when it was on the market and it never came back

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
yongzh was banned from the market. check sideme.

Silver Member
Reaction score
what kind of question is that?

? Was just wondering....and thanks for your helpful reply/sarcasm

the only reason i say that is because the SNES is a gaming console that has been covered extensively, well before smartphones even existed. there are plenty of resources on the internet on what games are good. it's not like you're able to go out and purchase individual ROMs for the SuperNintendo these days.

Silver Member
Reaction score
How can I get the n64oid? I purchased it when it was on the market and it never came back

You can go to *********** and search: n64oid.apk

i wouldn't recommend downloading any android apps from file sharing sites. get them from a market, from teh developer that publishes them. too many stories of hacked/jacked apps out there.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I recommend downloading the SlideMe market place from the original maker(s) so you know it's safe. Gameboid, n64oid, and emulator roms will all be free.
SlideME | Android Community and Application Marketplace (its on the left side of the screen)

Or, QR code.
28b61p1.png

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Agreed. I recommend downloading the SlideMe market place from the original maker(s) so you know it's safe. Gameboid, n64oid, and emulator roms will all be free.
SlideME | Android Community and Application Marketplace (its on the left side of the screen)

Or, QR code.
28b61p1.png

Yep that market place is good...

And from there, you can get some emulator apps that are very easy to use, and let you get as many as it has.

And does anyone elses Droid 3 start with like 2gigs of application storage?
I keep having to move my apps to my SD, and even though I have like 3 apps on it, it says I have 1.70 GB of application storage which doesn't seem like much.

OP
darkmatter

darkmatter

Reaction score
Nearly 2gigs of app storage doesn't seem like much?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

The_Rick_14

Reaction score

It's a lot to me coming from a Droid1 where there was only 512 MB.

If the average size of an app is 5 MB (just a guess based on the size of apps on my phone currently), that's 400 apps!

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com

It's a lot to me coming from a Droid1 where there was only 512 MB.

If the average size of an app is 5 MB (just a guess based on the size of apps on my phone currently), that's 400 apps!

Actually the Droid 1 only had 256 meg of storage for apps. Apps2SD gave you a bit more but had other limitations as well.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
A couple other negatives about it is its much less durable than my Droid X.
My X had taken about 10 falls, and around 3 of them on concrete.

You could hardly tell it had fallen at all.

My Droid 3 has fallen once from about 3 feet, and already has white marks on the back.
I am getting a case so that won't be a worry.

Also, it seems to heat up quickly. I am not sure if its just where the processor is, but it feels very warm when using it.

Other than that, its by far the best phone I have used.

sniper6

Reaction score
Loving the Droid 3, but I might as well pitch in my disappointments:

1. Headphone control button is bound to voice controls so I can no longer play/pause my audio playback. Pretty annoying right now since walk to and from work and used the headphone control daily. Also, no lockscreen media controls
  2. Email app: Can't switch between email accounts. Seems like they really dropped the ball on that
  3. Gallery app: as others have said, it sucks. Why put pictures into folders if it just lumps them all together with no way to organize them based on folders?
And obviously the bloatware. But hopefully most if not all of these can be fixed when it gets rooted. Also I think the ?/ key was done that way because it's the first real "QWERTY" keyboard on Verizon, so it was done to match exactly.

I thought the same thing about point number 3. Gallery. However, I found that when you select "my library" from the gallery home, there is a drop down arrow at the top of my library. That drop arrow give you the choice on how to sort your library. By Albums, Locations, Tags, or Timeline. By timeline was default. Make all the albums you like and organize! :)

OP
darkmatter

darkmatter

Reaction score
That doesn't work for me. When I do folders, I get all videos and all pics. When I click on said folder, then its arranged by date again. I'm not seeing options tomake new folders or whatnot.