Bigger battery without extending the back?

dzone67

Reaction score
Any news on that being available? Hoping to get a Nexus soon.

Sent from a forgotten phone... I mean HTC Thunderbolt.

mrkelly88

Reaction score
Not sure if you've looked into the 2100mah extended battery or not, but I just ordered one and a lot of people have said it adds very little to the back of the phone, to the point where you can use most "stock" cases.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score
Not sure if you've looked into the 2100mah extended battery or not, but I just ordered one and a lot of people have said it adds very little to the back of the phone, to the point where you can use most "stock" cases.

No I actually haven't. Thanks! When will you be receiving yours?

mrkelly88

Reaction score
The Verizon rep said I should receive it by Friday... They still have a sale on the extended batteries so I was able to get it for only $25... I have been seeing about 12-13 hours of battery life on the standard battery with moderate use so I'm pretty interested to see how much more life the extended battery can provide.

OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score
The Verizon rep said I should receive it by Friday... They still have a sale on the extended batteries so I was able to get it for only $25... I have been seeing about 12-13 hours of battery life on the standard battery with moderate use so I'm pretty interested to see how much more life the extended battery can provide.

Sweet! I'm coming from a Thunderbolt so I think any battery out right now will seem like a huge improvement for me ha. Hopefully I get it though :/

holmsc83

Reaction score

I have the extended battery and it still feels like a super thin phone. Not sure I can really tell much of a difference in my hand.

I've read that the 3rd party extended batteries (that hold more than the Samsung extended battery) add quite a bit to the back.

shanimal92

Reaction score

[video=youtube;DIygzLw2IPs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIygzLw2IPs[/video]

video i posted a couple weeks ago. watch the first 2 min

OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score
[video=youtube;DIygzLw2IPs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIygzLw2IPs[/video]

video i posted a couple weeks ago. watch the first 2 min

Awesome! How much did the battery go for?

honors21

Reaction score
I have the extended battery its awesome can't tell you have it some cases will not fit some oem cases will $25 from Verizon when they have in stock I picked up a couple on Ebay for$38.Regular price is $50

bmkdroid

Reaction score
I have the extended battery from verizon and I am using it just fine with a cruzerlite tpu case meant for the standard battery.

Case aside though, I think the battery cover with the extended feels better in the hand than stock! Definitely worth checking out.

I haven't seen much improvement in battery life though and have actually had some odd things happening such as battery reading 0% and the phone turn off then I turn the phone back on and its at 20%! This is after about 2 weeks of using it so I don't think it should be that it of calibration...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk