Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
droid-sale-600x335-550x307.png

4G LTE handsets on the horizon might be enough to keep you from diving into this deal, but if you are itching for a new Android handset from Verizon and can’t wait for the carrier to make up their mind on the launch of the HTC Thunderbolt you should be pleased to know that all DROID-branded handsets have been marked down by $100. This equates to various pricings of free to $99.99 on new two-year contracts.
The deal is available over at Verizon’s online store and includes free overnight shipping, Only for those who get unlimited Talk & Text plan....

droid-sale2-600x483-550x442.png

by Kevin Krause

[via DroidLife]​

geoff5093

Reaction score
It always depresses me how much cheaper phones get months after you bought it :(

vedwed

Reaction score
Cool that they dropped the price, but piss on anything HTC makes.
Some retail stores have this pricing also, the one by my house has these exact same prices on the Motorola models, the HTC crap is 79.99

Cmdates2991

Reaction score
Cool that they dropped the price, but piss on anything HTC makes.
Some retail stores have this pricing also, the one by my house has these exact same prices on the Motorola models, the HTC crap is 79.99

It says the sale is only for DROID branded devices which is why there aren't any HTC ones on sale except the Incredible.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
4G on a duel core android... Sounds like a phone that would stay around for awhile...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Skull One

Reaction score
I see this sale as good news. The second generation of Android phones are now considered "loss leaders" which means the next generation is now officially on the way in.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It always depresses me how much cheaper phones get months after you bought it :(

Considering they haven't really had a good Droid out since August, that's a lot of months. I suppose the Pro and Global had their little niche, but even those are 4 months ago already.

montlyfool

Reaction score
samsung fascinate galaxy S

I picked up a pair of Samsung Galaxy S from Verizon wireless online last night.
CPO on both, but for $39.99 each, not a bad deal. Of course, these were not for me. I still rock with my OG Droid !

Good prices for the X though

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Considering they haven't really had a good Droid out since August, that's a lot of months. I suppose the Pro and Global had their little niche, but even those are 4 months ago already.

Wow, I think you're right! Man how time flies, huh? Unless of course you're wating for the TB. :icon_ devil:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ooops....read the fine print: ONLY for those who get unlimited talk and text plans.

Is this possibly a test or a sign of things to come with tiered subsidies for different value contract plans?

grgguy

Reaction score
Does anyone verify these ads before taking them off other web sites ? It is fake , no such deals exist