Big Trouble when going from GPA012 back to BB0.6.2.1

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by myriad46, Mar 2, 2011.

1. myriad46

myriad46 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been using GPA012 since it came out and have been happy, besides a little kernel trouble, but that's probably my phone. Either way, I was going to go back to Bugless Beast 0.6.2.1 for a while. I backed everything up in TiBu, cleared data and cache 5 times, loaded bb0.6.2.1 and imediately started having problems. I kept getting continual FC's on android.process.acore which seemed to restart launcher pro everytime. I read some threads that thought this might be a sync problem, so as recommended I unsynced contacts, cleared data for Contact Storage and resync, which seemed to fix it for a while. However, my home button stopped working, which was odd, and I still got the FC's. I tried restoring to a previous backup of BB thinking restoring the cache and all might help. Same errors. I tried wipe the DALVIK cache, as suggested in another thread, to no success. I eventually restored GPA012.

Any thoughts. Should I wipe the DALVIK, when I am wiping data and cache? Is it something that I am restoring with TiBu?

2. hyperdude

hyperdude Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wipe boot and system as well, then reinstall 0.6.2.1 (from the BBV0621 zip, not a backup). I had the same problem with the android.process.acore FC'ing after I went back to Bugless from GPA12, but I was also having bootloop problems - all of which I fixed by reflashing the Froyo .sbf and starting from scratch.

But for your problem I think wiping boot and system and reflashing 0.6.2.1 ought to fix it.

3. myriad46

myriad46 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It worked at first. I think my problem may be that I am backing up and restoring some user settings. In titanium backup, I backup all the user settings that are green. Do you use TiBu? Would there be any settings that may be conflicting if they were backed up in GB then brought back to Froyo? I may try not restoring any user settings and doing them one by one. Someone else thought that 'acore' FCs had to do with syncing. Maybe its the accounts settings.

4. chrono

chrono New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Went through this just yesterday actually. Was having some little issues with GPA12, and missed the stability of BB Froyo.

I use TiBu and it seemed to have everything to do with that once I restored. I think the settings that it restores are based on the 2.3.2 app, and that seems to cause some conflicts. So, I just restored the apps+data for normal apps, and didn't restore any of the settings for the device. Kind of unfortunate because I had to remember to change all of my settings back to the way they were. Still discovering little things as I go.

When I started having issues, I formatted everything (boot, system, data, cache, dalvik) and restored to the BB ROM and everything is now working perfectly.

Hope that helps

5. myriad46

myriad46 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It makes sense, I suppose. It's like backing up the settings for Windows 7 and then trying to restore them in XP.

6. chrono

chrono New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, it was a little frustrating at first, but I understood why it was probably happening. There are likely settings in GB that didn't exist in Froyo and stuff like that, so Froyo comes across those and doesn't understand so it quits.

It's just time consuming to go back through and set everything up again.

7. hett

hett Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Titanium Backup is the problem here. You need to wipe system/data and cache before flashing, and then not use Titanium Backup. It doesn't take that long to restore everything yourself ;)

8. myriad46

myriad46 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I always do wipe. I'm going to try just apps and no user settings and see how it goes.

9. benhar

benhar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know this thread is a couple weeks old, but I was getting the same thing after restoring my data with TB. I went back in and wiped data for "Contacts/Calls", and SO FAR I haven't gotten the message again.

10. KaosMcRage

KaosMcRage Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1, exact same problem and solution for me. It was the Contacts/Calls that was causing the issue.

Unfortunately, while I'm not getting the acore FC's anymore, I am getting FC's on various applications that used to work. ConnectBot FC's when trying to open a local shell, ShootMe FC's upon launch, Google Goggles FC's right after launch (just after it fires up the camera), etc. I wiped everything several times before installing the BB ROM and I downloaded all the apps from the Market (only restored data from TiBu for a select group of user apps, and not the ones that are FC'ing). I've rebooted several times, uninstalled/reinstalled the apps, ran Fix Permissions...

Really at a loss here. Any suggestions, guys? :(

11. Bobbar

Bobbar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do not restore settings from GB with TiBu.

Your best option would probably be to cut your losses and just start fresh with 6.2.1.

12. KaosMcRage

KaosMcRage Member

Ratings:
    +0
    System settings, I would agree. But user app settings? Why would it matter?