BIG RED....HEADACHE!!

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Hello everyone!! I hope your day is going better then mine is!!

I just spent two hours on the phone with Verizon regarding my bill and payment arrangements I made with them starting back in January! They proceeded to tell me it was all my fault and wanted to ask for some advice on here! :)

Lets begin! Back in December of 2013 I got Verizon to give me an Early upgrade on my phone in the store to get my S4. At the time I was engaged and had no money issues at ALL!! Needless to say, things went south for me and my beloved in the beginning of January, and ended up in the Hospital for a week! :/

When I got discharged from the hospital, the following day, Big RED disconnected my service and said it was due to the Past DUE amount of $500 sum amount of dollars, and I would need to make a payment to restore service. I had not even had the Device for a month yet, and the bill when it got applied to was on 12/28/2013.

So, on 01/23/2014 I set up a payment arrangement with them for $51 plus monthly charges for 5 Payments, which on average were $168 a month, plus late fees. I was required to make a payment of approximately $237 on February 3rd 2014.

Service was reconnected with a $15 fee and I made a payment to my account on 02/03/2014 in the amount of $300. I paid $60.44 more then they asked me to pay, and a representative TODAY said that the arrangement I made in January was for $255 a month. so I did the math here and it was $224 I had agreed to pay.

now I made little payments as I went along, and the next month they disconnected me again on the DAY my bill generated. Called and they reconnected free of charge and apologized. Then I continued to make my payments....

Two months after that, in May, they again disconnected my service, and this time they stated... "YOU FAILED TO MEET YOUR AGREETMENT BY $20.55"....I was like.. OMG! So I paid the Amount they requested immediately with the rep and they reconnected my service under a new payment arrangement. This time is was set for $48 a month plus monthly service, and late fees. Did the math again.....
$48 + $168 + $5 = $221 a month for six months. Also as a matter of contention, the representative stated to me that he was just reactivating my original agreement! I was shocked to receive the notice in the mail!! I was ok with this arrangement and it would help me stay afloat since I just got wrongfully terminated and a now fighting a UNION Arbitration at this point.

These are the Payments I made since the new agreement was formed.....

06/05 $60.00, 06/12 $80.00, 06/19 $80.00, 06/22 $20.00, 06/27 $42.77, 07/05 $ 60.00, 07/10 $140.00, 08/29 $200.00. This totals out to be $682.77 for 3 months of service. o_O

Three months of service with late fees would come out to be $519

So, I sat down and conducted all the math, and per my original arrangement and payments, I was completed paying off my past due amount on 6/27/2014. I then proceeded to add up how much I should have been charged up to todays bill that generated.
07/28 $122.30, 08/28 $289.25, 09/28 $403.15

NOW! TODAY 10/29/2014, Service was disconnected again, current past due balance on my account is $549 plus the current bill I cannot see yet!!! Called to speak with Verizon, TWO HOURS with second representative, 45 MINS with third Representative!!! Sierra was the last one I spoke too. She proceeded to tell me she cannot see previous balances and arrangements when she works in the Retention department, it was my fault that I did not pay the Required $288 Payment Arrangement. And when asked how it was $288, she stated that is what I agreed to pay! Since 5/30/2014!!! I was astounded that she was upset and forcefull with me, and everything I said to her did not matter!!! Then she said she would transfer me to the Payment department to make a payment and reconnect my service!!!

At this point, I ended the call and am now going to the Verizon store to take care of this mess!! They doubled up my payment arrangement on top of the payment arrangement and wont even acknowledge there mistake!!

I look forward to hearing what you all think of this situation! ;)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Ok, I tried to read that but there's a lot more there than I was able to digest while driving. I'm going to take a look at this closer because if anyone can fix it for you it's probably going to be me. I've dealt with the Verizon customer service representatives in all manner of situations for the last 20 years and in every situation I'm able to get them to make concessions and make things work and I be awfully darn surprised if I couldn't do it for you too.

OP
KaosMaster

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thanks FoxKat! I am heading to the store to discuss it with a manager. Also, as a side note...when my service was suspended today...my phone is now crashing, some process is now stopping...welcome to VOLTE!! Big red can kill your device!! That you PAID for and OWN!! About ready to call the FCC and FTC

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
What I'm confused with is the amount of times you've been disconnected. Verizon ALWAYS gives you advanced notice (via text, email and phone call) BEFORE disconnecting you. Have you not been responding to their inquiries? That alone would keep them from "working with you" in a more favorable manner.
As for everything else....yeah I got nothing. You didn't really explain how you originally racked up a 500 dollar bill in less than a month.

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
KAOS, you're a big boy and I know you're capable so I didn't want to sound condescending. Still, I'd love to get a chance to decipher this and walk a representative through it, and I'd be willing to bet that you'd come away with some discounts for your troubles. I'm really good at getting them to cut me breaks and give me free things and credits towards my account for inconveniences and such.

OP
KaosMaster

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
CR6 The cost of an Galaxy S4 plus one month off service = $500

And I talked with a rep on the phone tonight that actually kinda help me figure this out....
Basically, when they made my arrangement they did not calculate it correctly, and I would never had paid off my past due amount. But if you want to call with me and talk to them...or just to me PM me and will get you my number. So confused right now!!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
CR6 The cost of an Galaxy S4 plus one month off service = $500

And I talked with a rep on the phone tonight that actually kinda help me figure this out....
Basically, when they made my arrangement they did not calculate it correctly, and I would never had paid off my past due amount. But if you want to call with me and talk to them...or just to me PM me and will get you my number. So confused right now!!!!

Sure. I'd love to help. We can tackle this tomorrow. I already texted you on hangouts.

OP
KaosMaster

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
FoxCat! I didn't get your request ;/ But may be a futile point now.....
They called TEN times this A.M. on my families phone I used for tech support one time! I do not even use that phone, it is not mine! I told them off and that they were breaking LAWS! I filed a complaint with the FTC shortly after that! I am done with there Corporate Deceptions and lies.... My BI-Polar can't take this anymore

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
They called TEN times this A.M. on my families phone I used for tech support one time! I do not even use that phone, it is not mine! I told them off and that they were breaking LAWS! I filed a complaint with the FTC shortly after that! I am done with there Corporate Deceptions and lies.... My BI-Polar can't take this anymore

Are you sure you don't want me to get involved? I LOVE putting these people in their places and have had great success.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Best of luck! Please update us whether you have Foxcat help you, or you go it on your with filing complaints.

OP
KaosMaster

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
uhm maybe.....let me see if they call back again today or not...I reamed the REP HARD!! and I didn't even let her get one word in beyond hello

Right now I need to fix my phone so I have my messengers and if I can't fix it then I will have to call Verizon for that!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Hey buddy, I'm here for you. I am excellent at getting what I want for myself and others. I am the credit repair expert in my company and have negotiated reduced payoffs with letters of deletion from the credit reports for countless customers. If there's a group of people that are difficult to work with and get what you want, they're collections agencies and attorneys for the debt collectors. In one case, I negotiated an $11,700 reposession payoff on a customer's credit report down to $3,110 and with a deletion letter which I then submitted and had removed from his credit report in 7 days.

I have been in front of car dealers and beat them down for myself and friends/family, I've negotiated other peoples' phone service plans and replacement phones. In my most recent phone replacement, I got a CLNR Samsung Galaxy S4 replaced - with a totally shattered screen and non-working display, completely free even though it was totally out of warranty. They sent the new one and took back the destroyed one and even gave the girl credit for the time that her phone was non-working, deleted her insurance coverage (which we weren't using because of the deductible), retroactive 6 months, and gave her an additional "convenience" credit of $30 towards her bill.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hey buddy, I'm here for you. I am excellent at getting what I want for myself and others. I am the credit repair expert in my company and have negotiated reduced payoffs with letters of deletion from the credit reports for countless customers. If there's a group of people that are difficult to work with and get what you want, they're collections agencies and attorneys for the debt collectors. In one case, I negotiated an $11,700 reposession payoff on a customer's credit report down to $3,110 and with a deletion letter which I then submitted and had removed from his credit report in 7 days.

I have been in front of car dealers and beat them down for myself and friends/family, I've negotiated other peoples' phone service plans and replacement phones. In my most recent phone replacement, I got a CLNR Samsung Galaxy S4 replaced - with a totally shattered screen and non-working display, completely free even though it was totally out of warranty. They sent the new one and took back the destroyed one and even gave the girl credit for the time that her phone was non-working, deleted her insurance coverage (which we weren't using because of the deductible), retroactive 6 months, and gave her an additional "convenience" credit of $30 towards her bill.
Remind me to call you when I need this kinda help. I always tell myself I'm gonna haggle, then I get to where I'm buying (whatever it is) and just toss my money at them. Haha!