Big Red Announces They'll Carry the Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
gnote3.png

It was safe to assume that Verizon would be carrying Samsung's latest and greatest Galaxy Note 3, but we didn't expect them to toss up a page devoted to the Note 3 so quickly. With the exception of their exclusive Droid branded line-up, we cannot recall the last time they announced that they would be carrying a handset this quickly after an unveiling. Usually they need to be hounded via social networks for days before issuing a response. The good news doesn't stop there either; they will also be carrying the Galaxy Gear. What is unclear is if the Note 3 and Galaxy Gear will be a package or simply an optional add-on when ordering. Regardless, it's a nice change to see Verizon step right up and let their customers know that they will be carrying a handset that was just unveiled hours ago.

When you hit their page nothing is clickable, so you won't be able to pre-order the handset just yet. With the page already "live" it's probably a matter of days, if not hours, before pre-ordering opens up. Show of hands. Who's snatching the Note 3 up and will you be getting the Galaxy Gear along with it?

Source: Verizon

Last edited by a moderator:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
It is great to see the page go up so quickly! Hopefully this is a good sign that they won't be the LAST to release this time but maybe one of the first!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to see how they "enhance" it before deciding.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Thinking about picking up the Gear...

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Can't wait to preorder!!!! Time to retire the Nexus. Please don't mess this up Verizon.

jamjr74

Reaction score
Why does everyone get on Verizon for bloat? I know it sucks but every carrier loads up phones with there own apps! It is not only a Verizon thing!

Galaxy S4!!!

mrmark27

Reaction score
cant wait to retire my dying Nexus and get my hands on this bad boy. The Gear doesn't interest me too much but if they have a really sweet deal on it I may consider it, we'll see what they offer.

mrmark27

Reaction score
btw, it looks like they're starting up the pre-order this Friday at 9am est. here's another great reason for why friday morning cant get here fast enough!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why does everyone get on Verizon for bloat? I know it sucks but every carrier loads up phones with there own apps! It is not only a Verizon thing!

Galaxy S4!!!

I'm not so much writing about bloatware. I can freeze or ignore that but updates and stuff. Gnex comes to mind as far as abandoned and I got an update to "enhance" my Incredible that turned it into a hand warmer and paperweight for a few months until they came out with another fix for their first fix which then broke my camera. My Rezound got an "enhancement" update back in the spring that has killed my battery life, hurt my already craptacular reception in my area and has, imo, slowed down its overall performance along with reviving the awesomeness of the camera unless the lighting is perfect now..

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate

NOVICE

Reaction score
Ordering at first availability.

Have increasing relied on S Pen and it appears improvements have been made.

The greater resolution will improve my reading on the Kindle app. (Though I have been quite satisfied with the Note 2 in this regard.)

Bloatware doesn't bother me on a powerful device that runs smoothly. I just ignore the unnecessary tricked up crud. I'm sure there are features I rely on and others consider bloat.

And I won't opt for device without a removable battery and SD card.