Big problems connecting to computer

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate' started by blackjack1, Jan 30, 2011.

1. blackjack1

blackjack1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having big problems with this and not liking it at all.

So, I found this link Download Samsung Galaxy S USB Driver for Windows x86 Driver for Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 - Softpedia that's suppose to be the hop, skip and a jump that works magic and makes my computer recognize my phone so I can do what I need (I want to add ringtones from my music because I'm tired of shifting though all the android user ringtone options and not getting any songs I want) and just to be able to plug it into the computer.

So, I download that link but then it comes to this Driver Performance site telling me I have 37 problems and out of date drivers and I need to register it and then it takes me to a site where it's tell me to pay $29.95 to fix those 37 problems and I'm good to go. That's a no sir.

$29.95 is no problem but I refuse to to this because I'm PO'ed that this phone came with no CD and I don't believe that I should have to buy something for something as SIMPLE as plugging the damn phone into the computer. I don't need Driver Performance to optomize my PC performance. I just need to plug the phone to the computer. I don't need it doing anything else.

I'd rather have paid that for a simple CD and I don't trust these sites because it reminds me of those scam virus protection sites.

What do I need to do to prevent me from tossing this phone and going back to one that's helpful for users and comes with all the crap and CDs I need and that one that doesn't have me running around finding links to help me (since the phone should have came with all that from the get go).

2. UltimateLionzFan

UltimateLionzFan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know if you tried, but reboot your phone and try to connect to your computer again. For some reason, this happened to me after the update and now I'm good again.

3. ziggy484

ziggy484 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like you dont have your popup blocker turned on for the pc, you dont need to buy anything just to plug your phone into your computer. If your on dl09 verizon will load the drivers for you the first time you plug it in. Other than that no cd is needed, try the samsung drivers again, try a different source maybe.

Sent from my stock 2.1 unrooted, fully bloated (for now) Fascinate

4. fluidj

fluidj Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What version of windows are you using? Windows 7 recognizes the phone and installs drivers automatically, no cd necessary.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

5. AllForNaught

AllForNaught Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Funny thing - a girl I work with has a fascinate, and hers doesn't give the option to ask on connection. Just media sync, and mass storage.

She also uses a Mac.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

6. really fascinating

really fascinating Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My computer would pop up the message about downloading or finding the driver I think after the dl09 it finally just installed it when I plugged it in. have to say I dont find much use for the connection because other than using vcast media manager to swap audio, and picture files it does nothing else. And half the time it will not even find the phone anyways

Froyo would be a just desert

7. MissDixie256

MissDixie256 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    "$29.95 is no problem but I refuse to to this because I'm PO'ed that this phone came with no CD and I don't believe that I should have to buy something for something as SIMPLE as plugging the damn phone into the computer. I don't need Driver Performance to optomize my PC performance. I just need to plug the phone to the computer. I don't need it doing anything else."

If you click anything on that page 9 times out of 10 you're going to get a virus from it. I work in a computer repair shop and have seen DP and Softpedia time and time again sending out viruses.

Get Downloads, Firmware, Manuals and Software for Samsung SCH-I500RKAVZW.

Click there to get the driver for your phone. It is where I found it and it works!

Search tags for this page

computer issues after pluggin in galaxy s4

problem connecting galaxy s4 to pc

samsung s4 connecting to computer problems