Big problem...

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
ok so i manage to root my phone and decide to go with rubix 1.8 being that i already had the 928BGX i figure i add it well it seems i added Black Glass X for Droid X Official 2.2 Froyo 2.3.15 DeOdexed and now my phone has not signal, i took the battery out and then it gave me signal but as soon as i unlock the screen it goes black or it just shows the backround no apps or nothing did i manage to mess up? if so how can i get back to recovery being that i cant see the bootstrap app...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what happens when you hold home and power up?

and when you went to install the ROM, did you follow the instructions on the thread not just use RM to install? pretty sure any ROM requires a wipe before install.

OP
elitecmdr666

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
what happens when you hold home and power up?

and when you went to install the ROM, did you follow the instructions on the thread not just use RM to install? pretty sure any ROM requires a wipe before install.

well just tried holding the power and home button and the option came up to power off or reboot so i rebooted and nothing, also when i installed the rom i did not us the RM i did the sd install i also clear cache and the other thing ur suppose to do. before i installed the them i had no issue with the rom and it was working fine so i know its the them. but being that i already used it i figure i give it a try now i cant seem to get nothing so how can i reboot so i can use my backup and redo it again.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no power off, hold home, then turn on and see what that does

OP
elitecmdr666

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
k now i get a triangle with exclamation point and the android thats it...

update: k i got it now im in the screen but kind of lost now as to what to do dont know this type of recovery system

zsg1313

Reaction score
If you have a nandroid just sbf, root, install clockwork and restore

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

droid_freak

Reaction score
Isn't this rom based off 2.2. 1? Which means you need the tbh leak?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

droid_freak

Reaction score
Just SBF and you will be fine.

OP
elitecmdr666

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
hahahah i think i freaging got it lol wow im glad i made a back up of the full sd to my computer, for some reason i think there was something wrong with my sd so i copied and paste the sd backup to the sd and rebooted and was able to restore wow this is awesome...lol what better way to learn than to mess up ur phone

update: for some reason it would not let me do nothing from the stock recovery that and i did not know what to do so i cleared the cache, restored cause it kept saying that it was missing the restore file so that when i then decided to copy everything that i had backed up from the pc that i had made from the sd. so now im back to a no ROM system and with my DX having 928DroidBlackGlassX-DroidX-OTA2315-DeOdexEERR-THEME now i just need to figure out which of the 928BGX i can use if i can use any of the themes with the rubix 1.8

DThomp

Reaction score
You can't use the Black Glass theme with this rom. It is made to be used with blur components and Rubicon 1.8 has no blur. It will add elements back into framework then do what it did to you. Find a theme that is compatible with Rubix.