Big problem..... No Data connection at all. How to fix/force connection or Turn on?

Reaction score
Ok this is really weird. I have full signal (all bars) yet I have no 3G icon/service any more. I have not had a data connection at all today anywhere.... I cant even use Evdo rev for data connection. I usually have full bars and a good 3G connection at my house so I waited until I returned home to be worried, and even on my way back traveling 50 plus miles I did not once get a data connection. Whats up? Is verizon having problems or is it my ROM or THeme causing the problem?

Running on BB0.4 baseband version C_01.3E.03P kernel version 2.6.32-Lowv 1.1gh Chevyno1

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
dial *221 (i think thats the number) and make sure your phones activated. (thats option 1) and just in case you should do option 2 as well. (it will update the something that has to do with the towers...)

Deuel

Reaction score
You may also want to check your settings.

Go to Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks and make sure Data Enabled is checked.

OP
K
Reaction score
Yeah I Did all that except the factory reset. I can make and receive calls perfectly fine as well so this is weird. Ill try another battery pull and do the factory reset....

jrb73in

Reaction score
I have the same issue, I have tried everything too, I dont have enable/disable on my phone under mobile networks. I can only switch from home to auto. been in programming, tried the airplane wifi thing to get it going, showed 3g for a second but it never turned black in the notify bar and then disappeared. ugh.

ejklapperichjr

Reaction score
A similar thing happened to me. Woke up one morning without 3g. I did a factory reset, then went to activate. The call said my activation was successful, but I still didn't get service or 3g. I tried resetting again, and multiple *228 attempts (which were all successful!), still nothing. I ended up getting a warranty replacement, took about a week to get, but the new one activated and worked right away.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Just started having this issue, apparently Droid doesn't do data....

But hey maybe now Verizon will finally get the idea and send me a DIFFERENT phone for once haha

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Well after a FEW factory resets, 3G is stable.... We'll see how long it lasts though. I would hate to have to erase my phone's data every time 3G refuses to work.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
If you're talking to me, nope. But I solved the prob, the automatic programming (*22899) didn't fix a setting that was keeping 3G from working.

me4droid

Reaction score
How did you solve issue. I seem to have an intermittant data issue. My backup asst keeps telling me it didn't back up (set for middle of night) because network unavailable. Also when someone sends me a picture in a text message it doesn't show up most of the time. If I turn off/turn on the phone then the data seems to work again. I have no idea when/why it shuts down and don't realize it has until I try to do something with data.

Suggestions, or should I get a new phone (mine's only less than 1 month old-D2G).