Big e-mail forwarding attachment problem

JrTapper

Reaction score
I love my new Droid and as the company's cell phone administrator I have started recommending the Droid for users who are looking for Blackberry replacements.

Here is the problem we have found. In the Email app (but not the Gmail app) with our company POP e-mail, when a user receives an e-mail with an attachment the user cannot forward the email AND include the attachment. :mad:

If we get an email via the Gmail app, forwarding attachments works fine.

There does not appear to be any settings or options available to change this behavior.

Does anyone have any suggestions or work arounds? (I would prefer not to forward all of the users e-mail to Gmail for security reasons).

Thanks!

J.R. Tapper
Director of MIS
JH Larson Electrical Co.
JH Larson Home Page

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Touchdown in the app market.....9.99 works great....Does everything but Outlook Notes...

OP
J

JrTapper

Reaction score
Thanks, but it does not look like it supports POP3 email. Otherwise it looks like a great program.

J.R. Tapper

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Thanks, but it does not look like it supports POP3 email. Otherwise it looks like a great program.

J.R. Tapper

I am using it for my company exchange OWA...as the company does not run activesync....

dlzimmer

Reaction score
Spoke with Motorola - DROID DOESN'T

Motorola tech support has confirmed to me that the Droid cannot forward emails with attachments without dropping the attachment, unless the email was received with Gmail.

This seems to me like a major defect in the phone, making it nearly useless for any business purpose.

OP
J

JrTapper

Reaction score
Just a quick update, We have been testing k-9 mail (available in the app store) and this will forward attachments, and generally works pretty well.

I say "generally" because this is a quickly evolving program and some updates break some functionality. K-9 is built on the same basic code as the "standard" e-mail appl with a lot of cool and useful additions.

J.R. Tapper

jlboyell

Reaction score
I do commercial hvac and was having the same problem. I switched to k9 and now I have no problem sending all kinds of attachments. Even mechanical drawings converted to pdf

jimwilliams57

Reaction score
I had the same problem

I had the same problem and after a week, I returned the Droid and bought another Blackberry. I do not plan on trying Droid again. I was VERY displeased with Droid due to this very issue!