Big, beautiful, battery draining screen

Reaction score
I am convinced that the screen on the rezound is the biggest reason it gets terrible battery life.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1323629819356.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1323629819356.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 431
OP
freakintoddles
Reaction score
Btw screen brightness was only set to 25% and total time on is 28mins. Battery level is down to 60% after only 3 hours.

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
I've seen most HTCs having a baterry drain issue (someone can prove me wrong but no hating plz)

[ ] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
[ ] Motorola Droid 2: CyanogenMod 7
[X] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 2.2.2

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Of course the big screen kills the battery...

That being said, I think plenty of people have bum batteries. On Friday, I spent all day listening to music, and probably 2-3 hours playing actively with the phone, and I made it from 630AM to about 9PM before I got a low-battery warning. Yesterday, I went from 800AM to Midnight, and when I put the phone back on the charger, I still had 50% battery. Also, I dont use 4G at all.

40% battery in 3 hours isnt normal, unless you're on 4G, and actively using the phone.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
I'm using my Rezound about the same as I used my Droid2. At the end of the day (charge overnight, every night) I have more battery left on the Rezound than I ever had on the Droid2. Using the Circle Battery widget, my Droid2 was consistently below 40%, and many times I would get the low battery warning at 15% in the evening. The Rezound has been consistently 60% to 40% at night when I'm ready to put it on the charger. I haven't done anything to the factory settings except I used the screen brightness widget to set it at 2/3rds rather than full. On both the Droid2 and the Rezound, the screen is the item that sucks the most power by far (unless using GPS). So it doesn't surprise me that the screen power usage is at the top of the list. It does surprise me how long the battery lasts after reading all the whining about battery life.

kparks

Reaction score
I am convinced that the screen on the rezound is the biggest reason it gets terrible battery life.

The screen is pulls the most battery on all phone. ur screen typically uses 55 to 80 % of the battery on most any phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Taegost

Reaction score
Changing the power profile from the default Performance to Normal will literally double the battery life...

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

gkitab

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor, if your using live wallpapers stop.they significantly kill batt. I also found using dark wallpapers i use ones with mainly black backdrops, seems to help also.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Here is what I have noticed. If I leave my 4G on I can get about 11 hours out of it. Less if I am using it pretty hard. If I turn off the 4G and just use 3G I can get almost 20 hours!!! My usage screen shows alot of screen usage but really the LTE signal is the main killer

Install LTE switch go to cdma auto setting and see how much battery you get. If you need the speed, turn it back on. It is amazing

Chris

cp24eva

Reaction score
Changing to normal power mode turns off 4g though right? Is there a good 4g/3g toggle widget?

drtnsnw

Reaction score
I use lte switch. I have never messed with the power settings

From my Rockin Rezound

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
I average about 12 hours pretty easily, and I consider myself a moderate-heavy user.GPS for a few minutes to check traffic in the evening and in the morning, various email, facebook, etc throughout the day. Usually some goofin off on words or other games in the late evening until the battery crashes down to 10% lol. worst I've ever gotten was 6 hours, and that was the day I got it so very heavy usage there. I may also had I stream slacker on my hour drive as well. And I leave mine on CDMA/LTE *shrug*. Battery life is better than what my bionic was, but I believe that's primarly due to the bionics standby and radio issues (data drops, and constantly searching for signals because of it)

Edit: OH! and I also use Christmas HD on the pan setting as my wallpaper (Live wallpaper). The stock weather live wallpaper though is a battery hog!! Near constant GPS use and other abuses to the battery :p